TV Antenna Dilemma Resolved

I have been battling to get reception for my new TV. I needed VHF-hi, VHF-lo, and UHF and I am in the center of the four towers that I need to aim at to make it even more fun. After doing more research I tried a Winegard FV-30BB and it almost got the job done but was too weak for my VHF-lo channel. It was by far the best I had tried, even beating out three other amplified antennas. I called the Winegard customer service and found out this was not the one for me as it was not specifically made for VHF-lo, just VHF-hi and UHF. Had I looked at their website instead of the ad on Amazon I could have learned that. My mistake even though this is a great antenna.

The very nice guy at Winegard looked up my zip code and immediately knew which station I was having trouble with and recommended their model GS-2200 which is amplified and made for all three signals that I need to pull in. I was able to affix it to the same pole that I used for the FV-30BB in my upstairs office in a location that is the same as being in an attic. It was hard to find a sweet spot in aiming it but I have successfully done it and am getting an adequate signal for all of my channels.

Hooray!

I hope this information is helpful to those who advised me in my earlier post about this and the Winegard website has many more types of antennas to solve whatever your problem is. They even seem to be made in the USA or are at least assembled here.
Winegard GS 2200

What are you talking about? I get plenty of stations on VHF low, and high. I also have separate antennas for each. WRGB is on VHF low channel 6 and is one of the oldest TV stations in the country.

A lot of Winegard equipment comes from Asia. Not that I care as long as it works. The antenna you got is basically a Sensar RV antenna so your TV signals must be pretty strong. Last Sensar I bought was indeed made in the USA.

Yes, I am in a pretty strong signal area according to the maps, which has made this all the more frustrating. I do have the RV antenna but it looks cool and is working okay.

I have a Winegard Sensor Antenna on my RV to which I added a so called Signal Booster/Extender (see URL link below) but I cant say it made much if any noticeable difference in reception.....

John T
Winegard Booster Extender

(quoted from post at 07:01:24 02/10/14) They haven't had vhf lo hi and uhf for years.

The digital TV signal is still broadcast on the VHF and UHF frequencies it is just formatted differently.

I added the "Wingman" addition to both of my older Sensars. It's not an overall booster. It's there to make up for a gap in the UHF reception that did not matter 20 years ago. Now it does since a few digital channels are using that part of the UHF band now. Made NO difference here in northern Michigan.

I agree, like I said I cant really say theres much if any any improvement using mine either I CAN SAY IT DIDNT SEEM TO HURT ANYTHING LOL

John T

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back