tlak

Well-known Member
Under this adminstration, it has become unsafe to eat, drink, breath, drive, fly, feed your pet, spend any money, own a home, .........
 
Reminds me of an old Woody Allen quote:
Girl: But isn't secks (sorry- the censors lurk) dirty?
Allen: Well, yes, if you're doing it right.
 
but under the last administration it was Ok to do pot as long as you didn't inhale and run around on your wife as long as you thought it was OK...pick your poison....or buy a ticket out on one of those unsafe airlines...
 
This isn't political, it was in the news about the FAA looking the other way for plane deficiencies. Anybody flown lately? The interstate, by my house, has become a killing field. Administration as opposed to saying last 8-10 years. You all are just reading something into it.
 
I liked the scene in "Banannas", he has incredible seex with this babe, and then she asks " when can we do it again?" Woody replies "Spring"
 
Ya it was, whatever. What's the difference if you all talk about DOT, fuel prices, home heating oil, it's all the same thing.
I got a tractor , a plow, and a dog and next year all my properties going into farmers welfare.
 
I talk to a lot of people, farmers, teachers , store workers, etc, don't remember any saying,"bend me over the rail". Nobodies happy.
 
I'm feeling the crunch too but I don't think you can pin this on a single administration....they've all stunk since Reagan....I don't believe that our founding fathers intended things to work this way; I don't believe that we were intended to be on call 24 hours a day including Sundays (remember when all of the stores were closed on Sunday); I don't believe that I should have to worry about my kids being killed at school; etc etc etc but that's the hand we've been dealt...and until we get past worrying about offending somebody else, it ain't gonna change....lock up the crooks; hang the murderers and child molesters; fight to win (the heck with collateral damage)...and if you screw up...too bad accept the blame
 
Yea I do!!.-- Don't know how to dial it up tho.Get ahold of Jimmy Carter's Email and maybe you could discuss it over a BILLY BEER.LOL
 
you know, I just about got killed by being in a little bit of a hurry (tipped a grain elevator onto the tractor) last fall. That was unsafe.

Greg
 
Only 3. a Farmall M with a Fll, a Massey 165 with a loader and a Case 1030. Hope to buy a JD 7520 or a Stieger from the 1970's with that crazy green paint. Want the 4X4 to have a dozer on it. No desire for any sorta power shift on a 30+ year old tractor.
 
After reading the other comments to your post I will preface mine by saying don't take what I say in a personal manner because it's not meant that way. It's a general comment to your general comment. That said all of the things you mention can be unsafe...if your an idiot. Problem is no matter what administration we're under there are simply too many idiots in the world. No one, no administration, no ruling body, no government agency, NO ONE can protect anyone or everyone from themselves.... The thing to do is for everyone to worry about their self and not worring about having someone else to do it for them. As the old saying goes, "Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow you may die". Or maybe "Live hard, die young, and leave a pretty corpse".
 
Let me tell you a quick story. When the Army started using helmets in WW1,the statistical incidence of head injuries increased by 900%. Was that because helmets aren't safe? Of course not. Prior to the use of helmets,those INJURIES would have been FATALITIES. Now,why are there more warnings and recalls,because we are looking for problems. At a time when there are dangerous people in the world who have sworn to kill us by the millions,isn't it nice to know that FOR ONCE,the government is doing their job and protecting us?
 
I have read that it makes more sense piling on DISABILITY insurance now than LIFE insurance- 'cuz the things that WOULD have killed you will now only disable you!

Airbags- reduced car accident related deaths, but disabilities are higher since more survive...
Heart AttacK more survivors, but not healthy enough stregnth wise for prior profession
Helmets- fewer deaths, but more disability...
this list went on and on...
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top