Unstyled 1937 B Rear End

Marmaz

New User
My B will not roll freely. I noticed when pushing it out of the garage. Transmission is in neutral. The tractor will roll freely until the wheels hit 12:00 then clunk clunk rolls free till 12:00 clunk clunk rinse and repeat. Ive jacked the rear wheels up off the ground and they spin freely and opposite directions like they should. Im sure Im going to have to pull the rear cover of. Im just looking for ideas about what the problem could B? Pun intended.

I had one once that a part of a cotter key was lodged in a gear so every time that gear meshed, it would have that bit of resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a bull gear with something on it. Maybe you could see it looking in from the top taking the transmission plate off or perhaps removing the brake assembly.

(quoted from post at 09:04:05 05/08/22) I had one once that a part of a cotter key was lodged in a gear so every time that gear meshed, it would have that bit of resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a bull gear with something on it. Maybe you could see it looking in from the top taking the transmission plate off or perhaps removing the brake assembly.
Thanks for the reply. I took the top cover off. I noticed a gear missing some teeth. I flushed the transmission with diesel a couple times and got a couple of the teeth out. Ill try taking the brake off and see if I can find anything else. Ill try to get some pictures as well.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back