Unstyled G Engine Oil Leak on Clutch Side

I have an unstyled G that has an engine oil leak on the clutch side. I have checked the main bearing clearance and it is in spec. The only other adjustment I can see is to make sure the clutch dust cover is well centered. Mine looks ok, but it still leaks. Is there something I am missing? Any suggestion is welcome.

IS THE OIL PRESSURE IN SPEC? If it is too high,the slinger can't carry away the excess oil

I could be wrong on this, but I believe there is a drain back to the crankcase from the first reduction gear cover on those? I'd make sure there isn't something plugged, causing oil to overfill in the first reduction gear cover.

Is there a separate part that acts as a slinger? I don't see one in the unstyled G parts book. I don't have the tractor apart at this point, but when I did, I don't recall seeing a slinger. Does what the parts book calls the dust cover act as a slinger? It is a stationary part. I always envisioned the slinger as being attached to the crankshaft and spinning as the engine runs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back