jd2cyl1943

Here's another update. I disassembled, cleaned, overhauled, and reassembled the three way-valve. I was going to dissemble, clean , oil and resemble the tappets today but the three-way valve took to long. I'll deal with the tappets tomorrow. You'll see in the pics that I left the small patch of original paint on the three way valve. I decided to leave it their because that will be the only part that won't be repainted, so it'll have an original touch. I also put anti-seize compound on the tappet studs.

Attachments

• CIMG1284.JPG
    CIMG1284.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG1287.JPG
    CIMG1287.JPG
    556.8 KB · Views: 34
  • CIMG1288.JPG
    CIMG1288.JPG
    537.8 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG1289.JPG
    CIMG1289.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 39
It looks like you have done some fine work. I know you are a young man learning as you go, here is a tip. It is maybe not a huge deal but I would limit the amount of anti-seize you place on internal parts of an engine that could eventually find its way into the lubricating oil. A portion of the ingredients of anti-seize is actually finely ground metals like aluminum and copper. Probably not something you want circulating through the engine bearings.

Here's another update. I disassembled, cleaned, overhauled, and reassembled the three way-valve. I was going to dissemble, clean , oil and resemble the tappets today but the three-way valve took to long. I'll deal with the tappets tomorrow. You'll see in the pics that I left the small patch of original paint on the three way valve. I decided to leave it their because that will be the only part that won't be repainted, so it'll have an original touch. I also put anti-seize compound on the tappet studs.
That cork seal goes under the nut on
the 3-way valve. Should also be a thin brass washer between the nut and cork seal.

I have one of those valves on the shelf I think.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back