update on cemetery mowing

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the repsonses that they posted to my question! It was all extremely helpful, and I have decided to look elsewhere for some extra cash this summer, since the whole ordeal just sounds a lot more complex than I would want. I am going to see about getting a few normal properties to mow this season instead, since this is something that I already have experience with. Thanks again!

Good decision. I mowed a large cemetery, probably 8 acres or so around the time I graduated from high school in the mid 1970's. The weather can really be a challenge, and I imagine the lot owners today can be way more demanding than they were 50 years ago. I am now a trustee of a smaller cemetery where I live. We had one lady call to complain that the corn leaves from the farmer's field next door were blowing into the lots one fall -she wanted to know when he was going to stop and clean them up. (and he is also a trustee! - we got a good laugh from that one)

Tim

It sounded good, but then again, I would of thought there would be few complaints from the residents.

Just to add to the conversation- years ago I helped mow an 80 acre cemetery. The cemetery owned several Scag mowers, 3 of them were used constantly. When finished on one end it was time to start over at the other.

I usually don't ask anyone thier opinion on what I should charge for a job.... Value of time and money is different for everyone. Lol

No complaints from the residents BUT the families can sometimes be a real PITA if you happen to mow some of the flowers they have planted or their artificial flowers are removed, even if they are completely faded out. I tried that one year just to help our township trustees out. That was my first and last. Glad you decided against the mowing job.

I use rear discharge decks for everything. Riding mowers are prohibited in our town cemeteries. That is made clear in the bid proposal package.Flowers flags and ornaments are allowed for short periods of time,but they must be maintained by whoever put them there.It is not up to the folks mowing to move them and put them back.There is one woman here that keeps flowers and a couple of flags on her husbands grave almost year round.Nobody bothers her about it because she changes flowers and clips the grass once a week,sometimes twice.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back