Use 80W-90 in the Tranny of 930CK 8SP!!

John Saeli

Here is why I want to throw in the towel & go back to driving truck.....A man calls here yesterday & says he needs a Hyd. Pump for a 930CK 8SP. He says he put 1 in 5 years ago, so I say wait a minute, let's talk about this, something is wrong. During the course of the conversation he says he uses 80W-90 because he read that is what you are supposed to use. I could not convince him of what oil he is supposed to use. He didn't take the pump, and said he would have to research what I was telling him, but he was sure the book was correct.

Wow! Thats thick oil for a hyd pump. I think i would trust your knowledge and wisdom of these machines over something he claims to have read. I'd like to know where he read that too

John, I know you know your stuff and would follow the recommendation.

But many folks that sell parts are clueless. We all know 99% of auto parts and jockeys and just selling something that may or may not be 100% accurate. I can see his reluctance, but gosh darn it, he should know you better than that.

Look at it this way- the customer is always right so let him do what he wants and you can sell him a pump every 5 years!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back