Using JD350 Sickel Mower

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I have about 10 acres of sudan that is needing to be mowed. My JD350 can only be adjusted up to make a 6" cut. I was wondering if I can raise mower off the ground so that it floats and make a higher cut. I don't know if the knife(?) can take the extra load. Any thoughts before i do it would be appreciated.
 
The owner's manual explains how to adjust the cutterbar float/etc. to cut high like that.
 
When I try to use my MF-32 this way the bar will whip up and down too much on bumpy ground. Ford used to sell a wheel that you could bolt to the outer shoe for their mowers to fix this.
 
I have a JD350, only had it about 2 or 3 months and made one cutting so far. I've been adjusting and adjusting chain lengths to get the height just right. Had a member of this board, James Howell, even come to my house and got it pretty well adjusted. Maybe he'll see this thread and send pics that will explain. I don't know about being able to cut that high as it my be a lot of strain on the knife. Depends on how long yours is , mine is 9'.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top