Value of tractor and implements

Chaps in NY

New User
Do to an impending move, I need to sell my tractor and implements. This is not a For Sale post ... not quite ready for that yet. I would like expert opinions on the value of the package as I only have a very vague idea. For 20 years this tractor has been used for moving snow and maintenance of a long stone driveway and little else. It is a snow beast.

Tractor: 1961 Ford 641 in very good condition. Kept covered (for last 20 years at least). Original paint with some rust. Starts reliably all weather, runs great. Only thing that does not work is Proofmeter. Tires were new about 8 years ago, worn about 30%. Filled with V-Bar Duo-Grip chains and tensioners. Only modification is 12v conversion.

Implements:

6.5 ft Meyer snowplow, front mounted on homemade steel frame. Frame connects to rear axle and front hang point. This is a modern 4-way electric/hydraulic plow with controller intended for a Jeep or small 4x4 truck.

6 ft York back blade. Completely rusted, some blade wear otherwise in perfect working order.

7 ft Land Pride category 1 landscape rake with wheel kit. Model LR1588. Purchased new 2009 $1200, has <25 hours use, 42 tines in great shape.

Unknown brand front end "dump" loader. Raises / lowers via hydraulics, bucket has manual dump trip. Heavy and slow but works.

Garden cart approx 3 ft x 5 ft with removable tailgate
Flickr photo album

That's going to depend on your area and demand. Here, west MN you could most likely get in the 5-6K range with the implements on a quick sale. Other areas may be lower, way lower.

Search CL in your area and see how much that size/age tractor is selling for then price the implements. The snow plow setup should add a fair amount but value is going to be hard to determine.

Rick

Well, you are down in the "City Slicker Country" of NY. would ask 4 grand down there,and negociate from there. around here the package is worth about $2,500.oo
Loren

I would agree with ACG, upwards of 4K would be max. I just gave 2k for a 640 with a one arm loader in decent shape, but will need some work to be up to my standards.

With the implements. The next model up, (800-801 series) seems to average 3-4K and up a little, depending on all the variables, some with implements some not. Just based on the ads I read over time is what seems to establish average asking prices, who knows what they actually sell for.

That is a nice straight looking tractor, good rubber, chains with it, the plow and rear blade, I would not hesitate to list it for 4K.

The one I just bought needs a lot more than the one you have would appear to. My friend listed it locally here in the albany ny area for $3500 including a dearborn front blade, + one arm 722 or 711 loader, I forget. Not much interest in it for that price. Reason I went for it is its straight, it has a loader and most of all, our dealership sold it new and took it back in on trade for a thousand series. It was not heavily abused or anything, has our dealer sticker on it still. I tried to get it for $1500, given some of the work it needs. Runs great, motor is in nice shape, nice tin etc.

Someone will be interested in yours, just sometimes it takes time to find the buyer.

Criaglist doesn't tell you what tractors are selling for. It only tells you what people are asking.

Be aware that if a tractor keeps getting advertised day after day at a certain price, it isn't selling. The price is too high. Unless your tractor is much nicer than the one being advertised, you can't expect to get that price.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back