Valve lash on kohler ch23s

rrman61

I need the proper valve lash tolerance for a kohler ch23s v-twin.spec76582 serial no. 3402004971 thanks in advance

Ya I figured that out after I posted.what threw me off was apparently sometime in this mowers life(I bought it used) someone replaced the bolt that secures the exhaust rocker with a slightly longer bolt.after bottoming out the rocker was still loose.all good now

See Kohler Manual on line. It shows hydraulic lifters so no lash spec. It would be 0.
Please fact check
My Kohler command has hydraulic lifters.
The Kohler courge may not have hydraulic lifters.
Again please fact check.. my memory pills are not working

Please fact check
My Kohler command has hydraulic lifters.
The Kohler courge may not have hydraulic lifters.
Again please fact check.. my memory pills are not working
George READ the first five words I posted for FACT. If you can't believe the factory manual there must be a problem on your end. Leroy

George READ the first five words I posted for FACT. If you can't believe the factory manual there must be a problem on your end. Leroy
Leroy
The kohler courage doens't have hyd lifters. The Kohler command has hyd lifters.

Valve clearance
Intake valve clearance0.101-0.152 mm (0.004-0.006 in)
Exhaust valve clearance0.101-0.152 mm (0.004-0.006 in)

Leroy
The kohler courage doens't have hyd lifters. The Kohler command has hyd lifters.

Valve clearance
Intake valve clearance0.101-0.152 mm (0.004-0.006 in)
Exhaust valve clearance0.101-0.152 mm (0.004-0.006 in)
George: the question was for a model CH23S which I referenced to the FACTory Manual. it was not for some other model and series of engine. It appears to me you only read Kohler and 23 assuming it was a different engine not as specified in the original question.

George: the question was for a model CH23S which I referenced to the FACTory Manual. it was not for some other model and series of engine. It appears to me you only read Kohler and 23 assuming it was a different engine not as specified in the original question.
It ended up being the exhaust valve seat backed out.is it practical or possible to replace the seat being it’s an aluminum head?
ended up being the valve seat backed out.is it possible or practical to replace it being it’s an aluminum head

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back