Vermeer J Silage

Wrailsback

New User
Does anyone have experience baling wet hay with a Vermeer J? Are they special parts that are required or can a stock Vermeer J bale wet hay? Thanks.

I would imagine you could bale it somewhat wet with it. Though if you are going to do much of it .You would be ahead to get a silage model with heavier shafts and bearings in it. As the weight becomes an issue on them with all the extra water in the hay.

(quoted from post at 12:50:08 06/23/23) Does anyone have experience baling wet hay with a Vermeer J? Are they special parts that are required or can a stock Vermeer J bale wet hay? Thanks.
Is it a J or a Super J? The Super J was made stock for high moisture hay. I suspect you would have trouble trying to bale high moisture with a standard J. The Super had heavier shafts/bearings and a spiral starting roller.

Edit: caterpillar guy beat me to it.

This post was edited by MJMJ on 06/23/2023 at 04:45 pm.

(quoted from post at 12:50:08 06/23/23) Does anyone have experience baling wet hay with a Vermeer J? Are they special parts that are required or can a stock Vermeer J bale wet hay? Thanks.
Is it a J or a Super J? The Super J was made stock for high moisture hay. I suspect you would have trouble trying to bale high moisture with a standard J. The Super had heavier shafts/bearings and a spiral starting roller.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back