VFD questions

dr sportster

I have the VFD wired for my power hack saw. Do you leave power on to the VFD all the time { it would have to be shut off at the breaker] and just use the start stop on the machine or always shut of VFD at control on face after each use?

You are not supposed to use the machine shut off. Turn on/off from the vfd. Some VFDs have control connections that you can wire the machine switch to as a pilot control.

The machine I have a VFD on, I have a disconnect mounted to it so I can power down the VFD when not using it, and not have to turn the breaker off.

You can leave the power on to the drive, but for safety sake, turn it off when not in use. I've seen them ruined by power surges and lightning strike.

But to control the motor, it must be stopped and started through the VFD start/stop keypad.

You can wire a remote start and stop to the aux inputs, but you can't wire the original switch hot to or through the VFD and use it to directly control the motor.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back