vintage electric meat grinder help needed please

Kow Farmer

Greetings everyone. I have an old electric meat grinder that I am trying to identify the manufacture of. I know this grinder is older than me and I am 50 years old. This grinder has been in my family since my grandpa used it back in the 1960's or earlier. Has anyone ever seen one like this? Or maybe used one like it? This grinder still works, I would like to restore it possibly one day. I do not know what manufacture made it. There is no serial tag or manufacture tag on it anywhere. I don't know what the electric motor hp is either. I know this old grinder has ground a lot of meat in its lifetime! I would appreciate any help I can get. I tried Google with no luck for photos or any info for that matter. I usually have better luck asking for help here on YT. There are so many people out there with amazing history knowledge. Thank you all in advance.
Kow Farmer Kurt
cvphoto10730.jpg

cvphoto10731.jpg

cvphoto10735.jpg

You might look at Larry's post down below titled "another old tool" his grinder looks similar to yours.

I googled old and or vintage electric meat grinder for images
Some cam close but none with the gearcase as the main support and flat base

Maybe it's a sears or something of their own sotrta like designs

try pinterest or other image sites you might stumble on it

Doesn't look like any Hobart I've seen, though that doesn't mean it isn't. But most brands back then like Hobart and Enterprise came with a metal name plate. Any evidence of it ever having one?
I've found that to get certain parts for old grinders, you won't find them already made. But, there are companies out there that will custom make what you need.

I can't identify it, but it looks nothing like my old Hobart that was made in the late 40's. Hobart is heavy! Two man job to lift it onto a bench.

I cleaned the grinder plates yesterday and found the name Enterprise MFG. Co. on them. So I thought the grinder was made by
Enterprise. I googled Enterprise MFG. and did not find anything that resembled what I have. Did Enterprise make plates and other
equipment?
Kow Farmer Kurt

Larry,
That looks like a very nice grinder! Looks to be in very good condition. Thank you for the pics sir.
Kow Farmer Kurt

That's a thing of beauty. Nobody would build something like that today and I especially like the oil cup on the open end of the motor housing. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that is a GE motor. Could be Emerson but I would start with GE.

I second the guess about Hobart. I actually used to work at a die-casting plant that was a supplier to them and I visited their facility outside of Dayton. Nice folks with a long and proud history.

You may want to call them and ask if they could recognize their grinder from a picture.

They might find it interesting.

The word Enterprise on the plate could be referring to the style of the plate, most American grinders have Enterprise style plates.
I happen to have an old Enterprise grinder and it looks nothing like that. There were a number of grinder manufactures in the first half of the 20th century, but not all were very well known. Sometimes it's tough to ID those old grinders. Luckily, they can almost always be fixed if something goes wrong. Plates and knives are still standard.

When I looked around last night Enterprise seemed to be the closest in design, but I couldn?t find exactly that base. Interesting that you found that name now.

I see some made adaptors to put a grinder on a matag washing machine, run it where the ringer would go.

I wonder if you have some multi tool base there that different things could be stuck onto?

The grinder itself is so different than the base and motor, from what little we see of the grinder.

I?ve seen old motors with that exact little switch on them on lots of old stuff, so that is a common motor.

The base design is about all we have to go on. Just haven?t stumbled onto anything like it yet either, other than somewhat newer
Enterprise models have simila lines.

Paul

Sunbeam home mixers had a gear box that went up into where a beater went. The grinder then went into the gear box just like your grinder goes into your motor, maybe the Sunbeam grinder connection was a little smaller.

I'd start thinking sears or wards western auto, or one of the old spin off brands made similar but cheaper than their name brand counterpart

Hi Paul. Since you mentioned the electric motor, do you have a similar motor at your farm? I am trying to find out the hp and manufacture name. Any thoughts? I appreciate the comments and the help. Thank you. Kow Farmer Kurt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back