Vinyl decals

BOBM25

Member
Friday's project is to put the decals on my SMDTA. I orderd vinyl cut decals from Maple Hunter. My local body shop guy said to spray the area where the decal goes with Windex, put the decal on then use a credit card or something like that to squeeze the Windex out from under it. When it dries the decal will stick. He said this helps eliminates bubbles and allows the decal to be positioned slightly because it won't instantly stick fast. I don't know about it though. Has anyone ever done this? I know you wet the area with mylar decals, but can you do it with vinyl ones as well? I don't want to ruin my expensive decals.
 
Bob Yes you can use windex to do that with. I have even used dish washing soap mixed with water to do it. It only takes enough soap to make a few bubbles not much soap fill a windex size bottle up with water and just a little soap and shake it up real good and spray it on. I used to put my letters and numbers on my race car this way. When you wet it down it will also let you move the stickers around if you need to.but keep every thing wet till you get them where you want them. Then take your card and start in the middle and work your way out to the edges.I like using one of them plastic bondo things you use to bondo with it is thicker and more stiff than a credit card .I thinh you can get them at wal mart I know you can at O Rlies
 
Before you use water go to decalzone.com and read there method. I have done it both ways and I much prefer the direct apply method. I think you will find with water the letters are quite hard to manage.
This is just my openion.
 
I always apply mine directly and haven't had any problems. I usually use some masking tape to use to line up the decals and then apply starting at one edge. I think the vinyl ones are easy to apply and really look nice. Maybe putting some liquid under it will allow you to move them around, but that also can be a negative. I would still be sceptical that the decals may not stick as well. Roger
 
I don't see decals for the SMDTA on their (Maple Hunter's) web site list of available decals. Where'd you find they have what's not listed? Do they have them for a Super C?
 
Use a few drops of Johnsons baby shampoo mixed with water in a spray bottle. I worked for a window tinter and sign guy for a while and this was the preferred method.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top