Wagner front loader

JimAZ

Member
Does any one make a wider bucket for a Wagner? Mine is the original and it seems to me that if the bucket was wider, I could do better because the front wheels wouldn"t ride up the pile.
 
I have the smaller bucket on the Wagner loader on my Ford 8N, kinda prefer it. It limits the load I can carry, whch limits the weight, which limits the stress I can place on the front suspension. Those smaller tractors need a little tender lovin. If you feel comfortable you can widen the bucket and still keep the loads sensible, by all means do it. I just like that it keeps me in a reasonable weight range without having to think about it. My 2¢
 
5 or 6 years ago I priced a 60" farm king allied bucket from Tri-State Distributors of Statesville INC. Statesville NC 704-873-0531
price $228.00. it looked to b the perfect bucket for my N loader. B-N the tight as I am I passed. I spec a skid steer loader bucket would work or do as the person I got mine from and make one out of a steel drum. only problem is by the time he added all the extras to it-it turned out rite heavy so heavy I took the loader off.
 
Jim, I don't know if wagner made a wider bucket or not. But a lot of buckets interchange between loaders. I had a dearborn loader that I got a snow bucket off a Paulson loader, fit right on no modiication. And I got Dad a snow bucket off a stanhiost loader that fit his freeman, All we had to do was move the trip catch down a little. For my Wagner loader I've got a bucket off a ford loader from a 5000, but it has to have the loader arm brackets moved on it, Good thing I work in a metal fabrication shop. won't cost me anything to do it. John
 
When I bought my 8N it came with a Wagner loader on it, an original Wagner 3' bucket and a homemade 6' snow bucket. I have used the snow bucket for 20 years now plowing snow here in NH, but if you get that bucket full of wet snow it is a major load! I broke a front spindle this winter and my guess is that 6' bucket filled with heavy snow had a lot to do with it failing. But you might be able to find a 5 footer that wouldn't be too heavy. I certainly wouldn't ever want to completely fill it with gravel or earth - it's too much to ask of your 8N's front suspension & wheels.
Tractor_w_snow_bucket.jpg
 
There's a VERY good reason your Wagner bucket for the early Fords is so small. It NEEDs to be to keep from destroying your tractor's front end.
 
Yes they make them and yes you might be able to find one, but if you do you will likely be braking front end parts or not be able to steer the tractor with a full load in the bucket
 
I didn"t mean that the wider loader would have to be the same depth of the original. It could be smaller and wider to carry the same weight load as the original.
 
Oh.... never mind. In THAT case, you'll probably end up having something made or modified to fit. Problem with the 5ft wide buckets is they're so darn heavy just by themselves. Maybe you could have one of the light duty box scrapers fitted with pivots? We have quite a few dairies around the SJ Valley and even the larger 'manure buckets' I've seen are only about 4ft wide. Good luck!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top