Water in D Cylinder

After sitting all summer I went to start my D today, and antifreeze blew out of the left cylinder. Last spring when I started it after cutting wood all winter it smoked white steam the first minute or so that it'd run, then as it warmed up it quit. Today it was obviously burping slimy green water out all over everything. Apparently there's a slow leak that's getting water in to the bore. From what I can see from the parts book, that could be three things: cracked head, cracked cylinder/block, blown head gasket.

The antifreeze tests to colder than we get here, so it'd be pretty unlikely that it froze.

Any thoughts, wisdom, experiences?

Joel

time to pull the head and have a look. i would think a bad head gasket. them things are built tuff.

i have seen piles and piles of D's and have never saw that valve hooked up and operating. it is just not needed anymore.

Right . No one used antifreeze hardly back then. could have used diesel as a coolant though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back