Water in my Hydrolic fluid

I would also say that water may have gotten sprayed in the vicinity of the console which may affect operation. A few days of dry
conditions may dry the console out eliminating the problem. This would not be an obligation for the dealer to address.

(quoted from post at 05:16:45 06/14/23) C'mon. The tractor is almost new. It's been stored inside. There is NO WAY that there could be THAT much water in it just from condensation unless the "garage" is an actual Swedish sauna that sees daily use.

A little water in the oil is normal, expected, and won't affect the operation of the machine. It would have to end up being pretty much ALL water to affect operation. The neighbor would have had to stuck the hose down in the oil fill port and let it run until it floated all the oil out. If he did that, time for a lawyer.

Warning lights are MEANINGLESS until the machine is running. They light up, sometimes blink, sometimes go out, sometimes stay on, depending on what the programmer decided.

"Bucket with a drop in it" is usually ENGINE oil pressure. The engine's not running, so the engine oil pressure warning light will be lit.

I expect "dealer's no help" means that they didn't give you an easy answer over the phone for free. Unfortunately you may have to pay the dealer to take the tractor in and service it, or at least make a house call to troubleshoot it and see if they can find the problem.

The only way that inside storage affects condensation is when the inside storage is air conditioned. I have had water dripping off the exterior of tractor housings in my shop. When a machine sits for 17 months without getting used the oil ever gets heated up so moisture keeps accumulating. If you are ever inside an hydraulic housing you can see the rust on the top of the inside where the water dipped off, and then under it where the drops landed.

(quoted from post at 07:50:59 06/14/23) I would also say that water may have gotten sprayed in the vicinity of the console which may affect operation. A few days of dry
conditions may dry the console out eliminating the problem. This would not be an obligation for the dealer to address.

I disagree. These tractors sit outside in the rain and snow and sleet and sun for months from the minute they come off the assembly line AT LEAST until they go home with their new owners. If they're lucky then they get to sit inside a nice dry garage. Driving between my two places I pass at least four relatively new Deere compact tractors, plus just as many Kubotas, and other brands, sitting outside in the weather. They're designed to be out in the weather. If spraying water on the console causes a malfunction like this, there IS something wrong that the dealer IS obligated to address.

(quoted from post at 08:54:46 06/15/23)
(quoted from post at 07:50:59 06/14/23) I would also say that water may have gotten sprayed in the vicinity of the console which may affect operation. A few days of dry

I disagree. These tractors sit outside in the rain and snow and sleet and sun for months from the minute they come off the assembly line AT LEAST until they go home with their new owners. If they're lucky then they get to sit inside a nice dry garage. Driving between my two places I pass at least four relatively new Deere compact tractors, plus just as many Kubotas, and other brands, sitting outside in the weather. They're designed to be out in the weather. If spraying water on the console causes a malfunction like this, there IS something wrong that the dealer IS obligated to address.

Correct!

A lot of discussion about the possible presence of water in hyd system but I haven't read any of Sherry's post that state ""water is present" in her tractors hyd system.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back