Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I live in northern nebraska and since my 50 Cockshutt sits outside I have the water drained out of the radiator and block will this dry out my water pump?Or should i have antifreeze in it while it sits?
 
I assume the cooling system doesn't leak. Anti-freeze has always gone in my tractors after I forgot to drain the water out of one once. A frozen block costs a lot more than anti-freeze. Good anti-freeze has rust inhibitors which is another plus.

Unless the water pump is a real old one with packing for a seal, it should have a sealed bearing that won't care if it's dry or not. Stay warm. Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top