Water Witching Revisited

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Holy smokes. Just searched dowsing videos on You Tube. I've never seen more bologna all in one place. A whole bunch of videos were saying the psychological reasons and that it's actually involuntary muscle reflexes that cause the rods, sticks, or pendulum to move through your subconscious. One fella, who seemed very legit, was demonstrated two of the regular sticks and going on and on about his feelings and psycholgical bull...he said this was certainly a water vein...but wait...it wasn't potable...it was contaminated. Are you KIDDING me?!!! Don't get me wrong, I most definitely believe that water witching/dowsing/diving is a very real and useful practice. On the other hand, they had things like using a pendulum to dowse a map. A paper map being dowsed with a brass pendulum hanging from your fingers, and it's your subconscious telling your muscles to move the pendulum to mark on the map. Give me a break! Admittedly, I'm a very skeptical person, but this is just nonsense plain and simple. I don't have an explanation to give you neither does youtube. Whew.

Rant over. I want some objective and scientific experiments that weren't done by hippies.
 
I have not done a water search of stick. But was with in a few feet years ago and watched it done.
Sure enought they dug that well in that spot it went down to and got water. Lots of water and it was good water.
Had I not been there and seen it with my own eyes. I probably would not believe it either.
 
in-too-deep,

I've used two pieces of copper wire to locate many water lines successfully. Unfortunatly, I've also located abandoned water lines, abandoned sewer lines, piles of buried trash, and other stuff. I think that what the dowsing rods really detect are changes in the density of the earth (gravity?), rather than water per se.

It really works, and it works easily.

Tom in TN
 

One time I seen my Uncle Nugene use a dousing rod,
he must have hit a big stream cause that rod went down so fast it throwed him over a 4 foot fence and a strand of barbed wire.
 
This is along the same lines and even involves tractors. Last fall (2007) our local tractor club took it's annual ride to a Morman site in Southern Iowa, near Afton. I believe they called it Mount Pisgah. But, the guy showed us the lay out, and showed us how to do that. He just had chunks of heavy wire that were bent into a 90 degee angle and you held them on way, but the when you cross a line where the Earth had been disturbed it moves the wire. He explained that this is caused because when the Earth is disturbed that it changes the ions or something in the Earth, that it breaks that force which causes the wires to move. That place was really really neat, and I wish that we could have spent more time there. But that is my 2 cents worth on it. -Dan
 
(quoted from post at 20:14:45 03/09/08) in-too-deep,

I've used two pieces of copper wire to locate many water lines successfully. Unfortunatly, I've also located abandoned water lines, abandoned sewer lines, piles of buried trash, and other stuff. I think that what the dowsing rods really detect are changes in the density of the earth (gravity?), rather than water per se.

It really works, and it works easily.

Tom in TN

Pretty close I think.... I they redone the road and drains through our town and it was a free tie in if folks wanted to do the work digging out and fitting the splice for the junction. I watched a guy find lines on about 40 places (mine one of them) with 2 bent coat hangers. Surfaces were everything from cobble stone, to gravel, concrete, and blacktop. Maybe it is BS and the guy was just lucky?????????????
 
You can call this BS and I won`t be the least bit offended because I wouldn`t have believed it had I not witnessed it a few times, but some guys can witch veins until they find where multiples cross and then somehow bob the branches until they know how deep the water is at. This was confirmed with the subsequent drilling.

I have no scientific answer for anyone, perhaps it`s a gift from God? On the other hand I know of one devout Christian well driller who won`t even drill where he knows that someone has witched, had this happen at my place.
 
My brother-in-law's father witched our house when we were looking for a drill site. He had a local reputation as a good dowser. The first attempt at drilling found a huge cavern about 60 feet down. The second try went through 30 feet of rock, but we have a good well with good water 200 feet down. I've used the wires and had them cross too. Don't know if it means anything. I do believe some have the nack.
 
I guess some of Yaw'l didnit grow up as country as I did, As a young kid and then a teenager I helped dig water wells. We used concrete curbin'(3ft.dia?) with no reenforcein' wire, put the curbin'on the ground where the well was goin'start diggin' inside and letin' the curbin' slide down, put another peice on top and keep goin', after 50ft or so I wanted to be outside winchin'...Back then Louisiana people wouldn't think of diggin' a well without witchin'
My Daddy beleive in the "SIGNS" We planted by the signs, He wouldn't think of cuttin' cattle, hogs, or horses unless the signs were right. Harvested when the signs were right.

I've seen people use a verse in the bible to stop blood,(animals and humans) there is a verse and blowin' method that will draw fire from burns, A man, GRANDPAW KING could cure maddog bites. Yeah I know I'm crazy, We all are, BUT IF IT WORKS????????
Wild Bill

To this day, bear in mind I just truck patch, I plant by the signs, planted onions Sat.
 
I have saw people that by looking at the lay of the land can find water as well ,the witcher went to the same spot this guy laid a rag on the ground .
 
I've seen it done with two tractors. Drive across field in spring and when you get stuck you found water. Lots of water where you see two tractors tied together with a chain, buried to the axles. And you guys thought they were just for plowing and planting. No end to the uses of an old tractor.
 
Back in the early 60's my dad wanted to have a well dug in the field so he could feed cattle out there. Two neighbors claimed to know how to witch so so he had them witch in the general area he wanted the well and they both ended up in the same place. They did this individually on separate days. There was good water at 32 feet. I know one of them used a willow stick but I don't know what the other one used. Jim
 
Read my post again. I KNOW it works and I know it's useful. I don't doubt it for one second, but some of the crap they had on youtube just about made me sick. All the "psychic" junk and such. Dowsing for water and buried lines and such is great, but they were trying to predict the future with a brass pendulum in the middle of an office building on some of the videos. Again, I KNOW it's a real method that works, but there was some real whackos on those videos.
 
I'm not calling it B.S. at all. I haven't done it myself, but I certainly know it works. I was ranting about the hippies and whackos trying to predict the future with a brass pendulum or two wires.
 
Years and years ago, about a mile from my dad's place, one of the farmers needed some dirt work done to the edge of a field along a dirt road. The water main that fed dad's house was also along the road. The farmer knew that but wasn't shure if it was on his side or the other side. After some calls, these older gentlemen from the water board show up.

These men couldn't remember either, the line having been put in umpteen years (decades?) ago. Being skilled at it, they proceeded with witching to find the buried line. Two of them seperately found the location of the line and it was determined to be on the other side of the road from the farmers field.

The dirt work proceeded. Within about a half hour, the D8 cut right into the water main! We were without water for about a day.
That's my water witching story.
 

Thirty odd years ago I asked a driller, who I knew quite well, about witchers. He laughed and said: "You point to a spot on the ground, and I'll get you water. I don't know how much, or if it'll be any good, but I'll get you water."

As for judging underground water by how the land lays, I'm pretty sure underground streams are completely independent of above ground streams, hills, valleys, etc.

But I *DO* believe in flying saucers and that our government (and other govs) have crashed saucers and little green men hid away under ultra high security, and DON'T believe the official version of JFK's assassination or that humans built the pyramids. And the Loch Ness monster is real, I've seen videos of it ;)
 
By gosh,IAN, you are downright funny! Love it! I gotta try that this summer with my Farmall. Better yet, will it help me find oil? Seems to me like the oil in the tractor should somehow want to rejoin it"s kin way down under.

But will my tractor get tossed over the fence when I find THE spot? I ain"t got roll bars or a seatbelt.
 
(quoted from post at 12:59:01 03/10/08) It's worth a million dollars.
Dowsing

hahahaha.gif

Interesting page!
 
I saw positive proof that dowsing works 3 times over the years.Water came in from the direction the dowsing rod indicated.I posted this information on this forum once and can do a repeat if any one has interest.
 
Nah, the only place oil will try to find it's way out is when you don't want it to. You know, like when you blow a hydralic hose over by a creek or the wife's laundry line. Or better yet first thing on a sunday morning of the first batch of haying weather, when the whole world is closed till monday. Makes for a long day. That's why they invented NASCAR.
 
Nah, the only place oil will try to find it's way out is when you don't want it to. You know, like when you blow a hydralic hose over by a creek or the wife's laundry line. Or better yet first thing on a sunday morning of the first batch of haying weather, when the whole world is closed till monday. Makes for a long day. That's why they invented NASCAR.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top