Way O.T. - Keyless lock system

Sorry for the OT post....but I"m totally stumped. I"ve got a 5 yr old GMC Canyon with a keyless lock system. For 5 yrs its honked the horn once when locking....and just flashed the lights and unlocked the doors when unlocking. This option is controllable by optioning the keyless system...and was operating as described. Now when I press the unlock button on the remote the vehicle honks the horn for three consecutive short beeps and then unlocks. Is this related to a weak battery in the remote...or a bad battery in the truck....or what? Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
That thingy that you are carr'N in your pocket. Start wit dat battery. Next, call your service shop (dealership) and ask 'em about that "SECRETE code" that reprograms dat computer chip located in the IGNITION switch assembly!!!!!!

Had thd same problem with someone's 2002 Chrysler Intrepid. I purcdhased, for $200.00 the factory service manual. Still, though.....have to find a GENUINE DEALERSHIP for the Secrete WORDS.

GROCHO MARX
 
You may have to pay they dealer to connect their TECH tool to the vehicle and straighten this out.
 
(quoted from post at 14:36:55 04/07/10) I"ve got a 5 yr old GMC Canyon with a keyless lock system.
What year truck 04-05?
Some were programed through the Radio.
Try automotiveforums.com for more help with your specific truck.
email me if you cant find the auto forum site.
Dennis
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top