Brian L. Thompson
New User
Alright last year I purchased a WD-45 Allis Chalmers with a Stuck Engine, over the winter I managed to break the engine loose and remove the pistons, however two of the sleeves also came out. I've have since cleaned the pistons and I'm ready to put back together however the notes I took soak up some oil from the rags covering the parts and are unreadable. Therefore, before i can go any further I have a few questions. First I need to know which side of the connecting rods face the camshift? The side with the the numbers stampede into them or the unmarked side to ensure that my pistons have the correct front. Also is there any way to tell from the pistons which number hole they go in? I know that the connecting rods are offset and this does matter, however if I can get the correct offset in the right position would it matter if I had two of the pistons backwards number hole wise. Also what would be the best way to reinstall the sleeves in the block? Thanks for the help Brian L. Thompson