wd45 bringing it to life

Brent79

New User
Hello i just bought a wd45 that has been sitting for 15 yrs or so, the engine is free and the guy I bought it from said it ran when it got parked. But he also said the hydraulicc were very slow and the power steering leaked. Just wondering where should i start.
 
I would soak the cylinders in some Sea Foam Motor Treatment mixed with some Sea Foam Cleaner because the piston rings are probably froze in their groves.
I would also remove the head because you will probably find sone really rusted valve seats on all the valves that were open while the tractor was sitting.
 
What I would do is give it a good tune up and clean the carb. Also clean the fuel tank out and put fresh gas in it and check all the oils and try and start it.
 
If it was me who had it I would fill the cylinders with ATF and put the plugs back in and also pour some ATF down the exhaust so as to get it to the valves. I would then let it sit a week or so but at the same time rebuild the carb and replace the points etc. Filling the cylinders with ATF will both clean and lube and free up sticking rings and valves. Done many an old tractor that has sat for year and do it that way every time
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top