We got Rain!

i live in south east mn and we havent had a measurable rain for 45 days or more but today we got a little more than a inch! some crops are spared. just 30 miles north and the crops gone. they look like october brown and dont have any ears on them. the soil around hastings mn in sandy so it burns fast. i seen huge fields that wont get 5 bushels per acher. if it was mine i would chop it and mix it in with some good stuff and in other fields i would blow it right on the ground and chissle plow it for next year.
 
WE got some here in western Indiana tonight also. I have been in the woods cutting for 2 weeks so when I got home this morn, everything in my yard was fried to a crisp. Even the tough yard weeds were toast! The corn here looks good though. Roots must be deep enough, but rain was needed for sure.
 
We got rain here this morning in nw iowa and it quit just in time for the humboldt county fair tractor pull and started raining again when it was over. Maybe the corn will stand back up. The last storm we had here was a little rough on the crops.
 
Here in central Iowa, everything looks great, there for a while everybody's corn was startin to curl real bad but then we got about 2 inches and the corn exploded. We planted late and that saved us, about May 20th. I feel sorry for you guy's that aren't doin to well.
 
you are welcome. I had a sprayer I needed to pick up and Saturday was the only day I could do it. That usually means I end up loading in the rain :)
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top