Weights and Rephrasein' the Question

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Thanks For givein' Me the weight of the weights I just bought......Now I need to know or I'm am askin' for advice on how much weight to put on the front end , How much to put on the rear tires. My tractor is a Farmall 504 Diesel...I have suitcase weights (6 @ 100lbs ) for the front, Half circles for the rear (475lbs for each side ) This will be used in loamy soil, Pullin' a cut off chisel plow, Three bottom plow, 7ft disc. I'm lookin' for a 7ft bushog.
Thank Yaw'll
Wild Bill
 
I'd maybe start with 300 on each side. Then add the other 150 lbs if needed.

See how much spinning you do and go from there.

Unless the the chisel and the 3 bottom plow are 3pt. mounted you probably don't need any front weights.

We never ran any front weights on our 560 to pull a 4 bottom trailer plow.

With a 5 bottom 3pt mounted on a 856 we had to run a full rack of weights.

The less weight you carry around the more fuel efficient the tractor will be. As long as the tires aren't spinning all over the place.

Gary
 
Funny,I was just reading this morning about something that happened back in the early 50s. Seems the boys were tired of Dads tractor coming up in the front,so they strapped a bunch of wheel weights to the cultivator brackets in front. Tore the bull gear out in a matter of hours. Replaced it and the next one lasted about 4 hours too. They took the weight off then. Had'er so heavy she wouldn't slip.
 
I have wheel weights on my Fordson Supper Major, and some 3 point hitch implements are heavier than others.If you look an the sides of your tires, Your tires have a weight rating on them. Add the wheel weights, hook up your heaviest 3 poimt hitch implement. With it in the air. gradully start adding weight to the front of your tractor. rember, don,t exseed your max tire rating. Hope this helps.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top