Welding on Farmall B Clutch Pedal

Howdy,

I am building a buddy seat Farmall B and I need some input. I am working on setting up dual controls on the buddy side. Why, because I want too. The steering wheels will be coupled with sprockets and chain and the brake pedals will only require an extension of the brake pedal shaft. The problem is the clutch. I have been thinking of welding on a linkage from the main clutch pedal to the buddy clutch pedal. My question is what is the material used in the pedals? Is it cast iron or is it cast steel?

OTJ

(quoted from post at 09:11:55 02/13/23) Howdy,

I am building a buddy seat Farmall B and I need some input. I am working on setting up dual controls on the buddy side. Why, because I want too. The steering wheels will be coupled with sprockets and chain and the brake pedals will only require an extension of the brake pedal shaft. The problem is the clutch. I have been thinking of welding on a linkage from the main clutch pedal to the buddy clutch pedal. My question is what is the material used in the pedals? Is it cast iron or is it cast steel?

OTJ

Preheat temperatures for cast iron are about 600 to 800 degrees. You should preheat the cast iron part, weld it with Nickel filler, then post heat it. A couple of important details: do not weld it with regular steel welding fillers, and do not let it cool off on its own. You should continue to use the heat to slowly cool it. The high carbon content of cast iron cause it to be very sensitive to cracking if it cools to quickly.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back