We'll see how it works.....

Goose

Besides another upright tool chest in my shop, I've had two tool boxes sitting on a cart with one shelf and an open front. It's about 42" long.

I've been thinking it would be a better use of space and be more organized to have a cabinet with drawers, instead. But, I'd want drawers deep enough for impact wrenches, DA sanders, etc. and all of the cabinets I've looked at that are that size have drawers too shallow for what I want.

Then I noticed Lowes had these 26" wide Craftsman cabinets on closeout for $99 each, so I though why not bolt two of them together? With my military discount, they were $178 for the pair. I finished putting them together like I wanted this afternoon, and this is the result. Even though they're Craftsman, they aren't built quite as heavy as others I've seen, but I'll see how they work.
cvphoto1188.jpg

Real good.

The center castors are fixed and the end ones swivel. I put the 2x4's under the castors to give it a tad more height.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back