What I dragged home today

I was cleaning out an old shed today and found a few treasures. There were a few more manuals that I didn't grab that are junk and a few of the ones I did grab are probably trash. I am surprised at how nice they are for sitting in a little shack for a couple decades. Does anyone know what the pto covers are for? They appear to be almost new. Perhaps the greatest prize is what appears to be a dearborn grease gun.

cvphoto67562.jpg

cvphoto67566.jpg

cvphoto67567.jpg

cvphoto67568.jpg

cvphoto67569.jpg

cvphoto67570.jpg

cvphoto67571.jpg

cvphoto67572.jpg

cvphoto67573.jpg

cvphoto67574.jpg

cvphoto67575.jpg

DoubleO7 That's my thought's also... At a local auction this year old box's/crates from the local IHC tractor dealer that had their name and Sanford, NC on it fetched BIG money... All wood box's that came from old hometown factory's fetched outrages money even if they were junk...

Grease gun looks like a Superior. Have one that my dad had from back in 60s and proably older than that. Have to fill with bucket with pump, wont take a tube cause way plunger is made.

After cleaning the handle with a wire brush where I expected the dearborn logo to be I found some letters, I can't read it all but I can see ear space where I can't read rn
cvphoto67586.jpg

Be careful with linseed oil on that box. I wiped a tobacco box down with it and it turned so dark the lettering is almost illegible. Try it on the bottom first. I'm going to try polyurethane next time.

(quoted from post at 21:16:34 12/18/20) Be careful with linseed oil on that box. I wiped a tobacco box down with it and it turned so dark the lettering is almost illegible. Try it on the bottom first. I'm going to try polyurethane next time.
Yes, poly would likely be better.
Brushed or sprayed.
The wood is likely too rough to wipe it with cloth anyways.

Does that box have "Poison" and what was in it on other side?

The other side is a copy of what is in the
first picture, one of the short sides has
some numbers on it. I don't think it says
what was in it.

That green spring could be one for the 3 pt on a 2 cyl. 20 or 30 series Deere. Pull it out and post a better picture of it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back