What is a ----

In a local coffee shop I heard truckers speak of lot lizards. Are they some kind of a tow truck for spotting semi-trailers? Same as a yard dog?
 
lol, no a lot lizard is not a truck it is a term used by us truckers to refer to hookers that hang out at some truckstops, but these aint you hookers the governer would pay for, these are the bottom of the barrell kind, usually real ugly, infected, and you dont want em, of course somebody does or they wouldnt be there,they manage to hop from stop to stop in the cabs of trucks or by other means,
 
better to ask on this forum than ask at a truckstop, you just might find one, eeewww! but that being said MOST better truckstops will run them off real fast if they find them on the lot, good story, a buddy of mine pulled in a stop in south texas about a year ago , tired and grumpy all he wanted was to go to sleep, which he proceded to do, about 2 hours later there was some knocking on the cab door, he got up and went to see what in h---? outside was a lizard ans she wanted to know if"he wanted to make love to a beautiful woman tonite" now he told me she didnt qualify in the beautiful part, and she barley met the woman part, so he told her 'sure, go get her' this lizard then got so mad she started beating the truck up and kicking the fairings, ect so he had to fire up and leave, still its pretty funny
 
Yeah, the terminology is kind of funny, I remember working with someone a long time ago when driving truck that was an owner operator for a long time, running cross country reefer units. He mentioned that one and pickle parks, was kind of funny.

We owned 2 tractors at one time and had 1 driver whom I made a few long distance trips with to make better time, I distinctly remember the lot lizards in a few places and remember seeing the same ones within reasonable distance of the first place I saw them when passsing through on the reutrn trip, they kind of bounce around, nasty business, you'd have to be a genuine fool to even think of it, just imagine what you will be going to the doctor for after. It sure is a different world out on that highway, I never liked the fact that when you pull over to rest, the only thing between you and any bad guys is the thin aluminum skin on the sleeper, anyone could spray a few rounds into one while you're out cold. Some odd things I can remember, like the truck left running on the side of the NJ turnpike, for a day or 2, when they checked it out, several million in cash was found.
 
I remember several years ago when driving over the road. The term Lot Lizards...lol But then many truck stops where clearing them out from walking around and bothering the truck drivers as they slept.
But then one day while out in California at a truck stop. I was laying in bunk and listening to the CB. Where I heard the Ladies of the night on CB in in tractors bob tailing around the truck stop talking their business. I asked about this inside and was told. That the truck stop had run them off of the lot. But they had now gone to using tractors and buying fuel from the stop. So they could not run them off. They were customers now.
What really kind of got me. Was most them ladies were driving rigs that put mine to shame in looks. With chrome everything .. lights you name it. lol Still chuckle about it when I think of them times.
 
Have you seen the one the governor used? Lots of tatoos, and not all that pretty. Very checkered past. Not high class in my book. (But then, none of them are.)
 
thing is I never was a over the road driver but spent the night at my uncles tire shop once in Atlanta. he only had 1 bedroom so he told me I could sleep in the sleeper of an old cab over. parking lot to a strip club was next door and places for truckers to park.I couldn't sleep very well but was woke up by someone beating on a truck near me and the (lizard) saying let me in the cops are coming.I laughed quietly when I heard the driver say "get your nasty lot lizard a** away from my truck" sure was glad there was no tires on the truck I was in so she thought no one was in there (the doors wouldn't lock)
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top