What is it worth?

I can see where it would cost more to haul it than it is worth if hauled very far. And since it can take almost a day to drive across SD corner ways I can see why it could matter to somebody traveling from afar to do it. It's about 380-400 miles across east to west and about 180-200 north to south depending on whether you include the tail on the southeast corner or not for that distance. Sd is a very pretty state to travel in though with a State Patrol that has been very accommodating to me in the past to work with. Never will for get the time I asked about travel after dark with a small over size I had one.IT only stuck over the sides about 4 inches and they had requirements for lights along the sides at the corners and widest part of the load if 6 inches or more over and Interstate only. Well I was going to Huron at the time and wanted to get to Mitchell for the night. The scale man at the port said you can do 70 can't you? I said with my hand by my my head if they don't look I can do a bit more chuckling he grinned and said it's only about an hour to Mitchell. I told him how I read the permit . He said he was sure that was not how they meant it to read, though he read it the same way. Thanked him and was on my way. Pulled in to Mitchell just after dark. Fun times out west.
I like SD, did the trip on a motorcycle back in another life. Turnaround pt was Mt Rushmore. Looks like that ride was over 1700 miles one way, probably longer as I took state roads across Iowa and I think Nebraska. Hwy 20 was one such road. More recently I trailered my antique car to a buyer in northern Illinois. I'm no stranger to road trips but I'd forgotten how long 800 miles can be. Keeping up with traffic was not an issue as my truck has the biggest gas motor they could stuff in it. Thankfully the buyer covered the cost of the trip and still saved money and I enjoyed being on the road again. Spectacular fall weather the whole way, really lucked out. Kept an eye out for old iron on the way back home but had to make time. Couldnt really stop and poke around. Empty trailer, looked like it would enjoy some company back there.

Yes, it matters. Thst's why I asked. I'm from a little state settled under a charter by Lord Baltimore, who was actually born George Calvert. Sad thing is, before they finished up the paperwork and official stamps, he died. His sons carried the baton however snd several counties are named after Calvert and his boys. Short answer: I'm from Maryland.
I think you misunderstood my question Red. You got into the historical thing, not sure why. When someone else answered 1275 miles from Sioux Falls to Baltimore. OK, so if that's accurate, and when you consider the drive is almost coast to coast,
Red .... considering the distance from the east coast, would it matter much "where" in S. Dakota do you think? And while you are at it .... WHERE on the east coast?
I think you misunderstood my question Red. First, I'm not sure why the history lesson was thrown in. Does that have anything to do with the question of hauling the tractor back home? So anyways, that's a long haul for a driver from anywhere in S. Daktoa to Maryland Do you think a potential buyer would have his mind made up to make the trip or not depending on WHERE in South Dakota the tractor is located?

I think you misunderstood my question Red. You got into the historical thing, not sure why. When someone else answered 1275 miles from Sioux Falls to Baltimore. OK, so if that's accurate, and when you consider the drive is almost coast to coast,

I think you misunderstood my question Red. First, I'm not sure why the history lesson was thrown in. Does that have anything to do with the question of hauling the tractor back home? So anyways, that's a long haul for a driver from anywhere in S. Daktoa to Maryland Do you think a potential buyer would have his mind made up to make the trip or not depending on WHERE in South Dakota the tractor is located?
Misunderstood? No way! You misunderstood my reply no doubt. And sorry you didn't want to know some history of Maryland. Backing out of this rabbit hole of a conversation, the floor is all yours 😄

I've got a 10-20 that's been converted to rubber tires. In this area, they don't have the huge collector value that other tractors have. It's been sitting in the shed for almost 30 years and I walk by and turn the engine over every now and then. The previous owner was going to scrap it so I felt sorry for it, drove it to my place about 5 miles away and there it sits. The previous owner has several sons. Before purchasing it I ask each one of them if they wanted it and they said they didn't. Over the past 10 years, there has been interest in it from two of the sons, but that's as far as it got. :cool:

Misunderstood? No way! You misunderstood my reply no doubt. And sorry you didn't want to know some history of Maryland. Backing out of this rabbit hole of a conversation, the floor is all yours 😄
Not so Red. I found your history stuff interesting, I'm just not sure why you included it with your reply on driving distance (or did I misinterpret that as well)? I guess I remain in the dark as to why you asked what part of South Dakota the tractor resided in. Maybe it was answered and it blew by me. Back to you Red ....

I've got a 10-20 that's been converted to rubber tires. In this area, they don't have the huge collector value that other tractors have. It's been sitting in the shed for almost 30 years and I walk by and turn the engine over every now and then. The previous owner was going to scrap it so I felt sorry for it, drove it to my place about 5 miles away and there it sits. The previous owner has several sons. Before purchasing it I ask each one of them if they wanted it and they said they didn't. Over the past 10 years, there has been interest in it from two of the sons, but that's as far as it got. :cool:
What town is 5 miles away from you? In any direction?

What area are you in?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back