What is this and why is it here, Part 1

We got the repaired injection pump back, and I was all ready to put it in and get going.... Then, I spotted a leak. The fuel tank is leaking all over the place, from the on/off valve under it. Of course, its not easy to reach.

So I removed the gas tank. And I learned that is not easy with a loader on. But, I got it out. Probably for the best, its kinda cruddy inside, not much rust just a film of grime... it needs a good cleaning.

The on/off valve was repaired before, boogered up with gasket sealer. The screen on it was gunked up. I think with a new O ring I can fix it.... or I'll just get a new one.

Now, for the subject title.... the tank has a return line going to the injector, I know what that is. But, there is a very narrow hard line coming off it, and it connects to the block. What is this thing, and why is it there?

Pic didn't post... let me try again.

mvphoto52276.jpg

Also... back under the dash, I found a starter solenoid. This wouldn't be odd but it has one outside under the battery too.

Why does it have 2 starter solenoids?

mvphoto52288.jpg

mvphoto52289.jpg

(The tractor is a 63/64 4000 industrial 4cyl diesel)

That second solenoid is supposed to be controlled by a push button under the horizontal surface to the left of the steering column.

(quoted from post at 05:57:32 04/09/20)
That second solenoid is supposed to be controlled by a push button under the horizontal surface to the left of the steering column.

Yeah I found that button... thanks!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back