What is this?

Shion

New User
I'm completely a noob and bought a tractor a few days ago. It was running fine but today the "pulley" that has the belt on it is locked up. Any advice ? What is it so if I have to replace it I know what I'm looking for. Thanks so much in advance!


mvphoto39862.jpg



mvphoto39860.jpg


mvphoto39861.jpg


[/img]
 
Fan on generator is contacting generator body.

Could be as simple as someone assembled it wrong and left a "shim" out or put it in the wrong place, or the generator front bearing could have failed.

Does there happen to be an old-fashioned auto-electric shop in your area that does generator and starter repairs?

If you happen to be that lucky, it might turn out to be a low $$ fix.
 


Thanks! It sticks sometimes and other times fine..do I need to do some kinda maintainence on it or once that happens it needs replacing?
 
(quoted from post at 12:58:03 07/21/19) Fan on generator is contacting generator body.

Could be as simple as someone assembled it wrong and left a "shim" out or put it in the wrong place, or the generator front bearing could have failed.

Does there happen to be an old-fashioned auto-electric shop in your area that does generator and starter repairs?

If you happen to be that lucky, it might turn out to be a low $$ fix.

I see what you are saying now.. I will look around and see if I can find someone to take a look at it.
Thanks sir
 
There is normally a 1/2 to 34 spacer that is supposed to be behind the fan to space it out from the housing. Like someone else said the
front bearing in the generator may be bad. If you find out the bearing is ok you should be able to find that spacer at any auto parts
store where they often have to change pulleys from old to new unit
 
In the second picture ,it appears that someone put the spacer between the pulley and the fan ,instead of behind the fan If you look closely you'll see the gap between the pulley and the fan.
 
(quoted from post at 15:35:04 07/21/19) should be a simple no cost fix

So I was able to get back up to the farm today and look closer, I dont see a spacer here at all to move, nor do I see where one would go. Any advice?


mvphoto40538.jpg


mvphoto40539.jpg


mvphoto40540.jpg
 
[b:fabb586168][i:fabb586168]
Am I going crazy....OR, am I seeing where a fin OR MORE, of the fan is missing?????? I am seeing where ....I think a fin has broken off, and if that is true, the broken pieces, are probably what is seizing up the genny!!!!

I'm thinking you are going to need a NEW Genny fan, and possibly more to fix!!! Also buy a new fan belt while you are getting your other part/parts!!!!! The other belt is gonna need to be replaced!
Prob. burned smooth and shiny!
JMHO!!!!
GB[/i:fabb586168][/b:fabb586168]
 
No you are not going crazy..that's exactly what it is.
While I agree I need to put on a new fan and belt. Is there also a spacer missing ?




(quoted from post at 21:51:54 08/02/19) [b:c045e40f0c][i:c045e40f0c]
Am I going crazy....OR, am I seeing where a fin OR MORE, of the fan is missing?????? I am seeing where ....I think a fin has broken off, and if that is true, the broken pieces, are probably what is seizing up the genny!!!!

I'm thinking you are going to need a NEW Genny fan, and possibly more to fix!!! Also buy a new fan belt while you are getting your other part/parts!!!!! The other belt is gonna need to be replaced!
Prob. burned smooth and shiny!
JMHO!!!!
GB[/i:c045e40f0c][/b:c045e40f0c]
 
[b:58b71eec31][i:58b71eec31]
Wow.....I'm also seeing, that the fan belt is twisted on the pulley!!!! :shock:
As far as a missing spacer......I can't tell!!?? There is a lot going on with that fan/belt/and pulley,....I think you should take the Genny off, and take it to an generator shop, to see what ALL is messed up, and then you will know for sure what you are gonna have to do to fix the WHOLE problem!!!

That is what I would do......( if you don't do that,...This may just happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
A CHEAP FIX.......Is NOT Good there!!
:roll:

GB[/i:58b71eec31][/b:58b71eec31]
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top