What loader is this

joseph1

New User
Hope someone recognizes this loader
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3506.jpeg
    IMG_3506.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_3504.jpeg
    IMG_3504.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 221
Hope someone recognizes this loader
Welcome to the Forums.

Are you looking for loader info or just info on the quick attach? It would help greatly if you backed away and took some pictures that showed the entire tractor, loader, and its mounting to the tractor. Your pictures only show the quick attach for the bucket, which has some things that make it look modified to me, such as rough cuts, welding, and weld spatter.

The arm and cylinder arrangement looks like a JD47 loader and some others.
 
Welcome to the Forums.

Are you looking for loader info or just info on the quick attach? It would help greatly if you backed away and took some pictures that showed the entire tractor, loader, and its mounting to the tractor. Your pictures only show the quick attach for the bucket, which has some things that make it look modified to me, such as rough cuts, welding, and weld spatter.

The arm and cylinder arrangement looks like a JD47 loader and some others.
I bought it last year and I agree with u someone years ago did some sloppy rework on it. It all works though. I’m looking to add pallet forks with removing the bucket (which comes off rather easy)I don’t think this will be an easy find unless I know the model of this loader. I’ll take some better pics It’s a 2020 jd diesel. Thanks for ur input
 
I bought it last year and I agree with u someone years ago did some sloppy rework on it. It all works though. I’m looking to add pallet forks with removing the bucket (which comes off rather easy)I don’t think this will be an easy find unless I know the model of this loader. I’ll take some better pics It’s a 2020 jd diesel. Thanks for ur input
Do you want to make the pallet forks fit the quick attach? If so, more than the loader model you'd need to know the style of quick attach system it has. It's definitely not the common SSQA (skid steer quick attach) style you see everywhere today.

The quick attach looks very home built. It may be one of a kind, and even if it isn't it may be quicker to treat it as one of a kind. I don't think you're going to find a set of off-the-shelf pallet forks that will fit.

Your best deal will be on a set of generic SSQA pallet forks, which you would then modify or have modified to fit your custom quick attach.

A more elegant solution would be a simple adapter to go from your style quick attach to the SSQA style. You don't need the full latch and pin setup, which would keep the adapter only about 2" thick. Instead I would make it semi-permanent and use bolts to hold the forks to the adapter.
 
I bought it last year and I agree with u someone years ago did some sloppy rework on it. It all works though. I’m looking to add pallet forks with removing the bucket (which comes off rather easy)I don’t think this will be an easy find unless I know the model of this loader. I’ll take some better pics It’s a 2020 jd diesel. Thanks for ur input

I have a JD 2020 with a 47 loader and the arms and dump cylinder arrangement is like yours. To my knowledge those were not originally equipped with any quick couple system which lends more to the possibility yours is homemade or an off-brand aftermarket unit.

Have you tried coupling it to a bucket, or attachment, with the common SSQA system? If you haven't, I suggest checking some measurements and if it is close, try it. Then, as BarnyardEngineering suggested, modify as needed.
 
My vote for now is a 46A loader and a Farmhand bucket mated together.
The 46A and 47 arms and dump cylinder arrangement are similar. I believe the 46A had a "wrap-around" support frame, which I don't see in his picture that shows a bit of the tractor front. I think the loader is not his real question. He is looking for the "brand" of the quick attach on the loader so he can purchase mating forks.
 
I bought it last year and I agree with u someone years ago did some sloppy rework on it. It all works though. I’m looking to add pallet forks with removing the bucket (which comes off rather easy)I don’t think this will be an easy find unless I know the model of this loader. I’ll take some better pics It’s a 2020 jd diesel. Thanks for ur input

The 46A and 47 arms and dump cylinder arrangement are similar. I believe the 46A had a "wrap-around" support frame, which I don't see in his picture that shows a bit of the tractor front. I think the loader is not his real question. He is looking for the "brand" of the quick attach on the loader so he can purchase mating forks.
Yes I believe ur assumption is correct. I can do welding and cutting and adding supports. What I don’t know is what forks would be easiest and best to look for to accomplish this. I don’t want to clamp forks to my bucket
 
Yes I believe ur assumption is correct. I can do welding and cutting and adding supports. What I don’t know is what forks would be easiest and best to look for to accomplish this. I don’t want to clamp forks to my bucket
I would start by looking at forks for the SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach) system. I say that as the way your adapter locks into the bucket on top is similar to the SSQA system. I don't know what your attachment base measures or how it compares to the SSQA mount. You are going to have to measure what you have and the forks you look at, to decide if you can modify them or not. Any brand of forks using the standard SSQA system will be the same where the mount goes, so I don't see that one brand will be easier to mount than another, I expect you are going to be selecting by fork capacity and price in the end. Then doing a bunch of fabrication.
 
Yes I believe ur assumption is correct. I can do welding and cutting and adding supports. What I don’t know is what forks would be easiest and best to look for to accomplish this. I don’t want to clamp forks to my bucket
The easiest forks would be a "blank" set which to which you would ad the top "slot" and the two "lugs."

However, I don't think such a thing exists.

This is the perfect time of year to pick up a set of brand new, cheap, generic SSQA pallet forks at one of the spring consignment sales that auctioneers tend to have. Many of the larger auctioneers have several at their sales, along with other cheap SSQA attachments, as what I all "auction chum." They're not top quality but if you're not too hard on them, they will do a lot of work and are very handy.
 
I would start by looking at forks for the SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach) system. I say that as the way your adapter locks into the bucket on top is similar to the SSQA system. I don't know what your attachment base measures or how it compares to the SSQA mount. You are going to have to measure what you have and the forks you look at, to decide if you can modify them or not. Any brand of forks using the standard SSQA system will be the same where the mount goes, so I don't see that one brand will be easier to mount than another, I expect you are going to be selecting by fork capacity and price in the end. Then doing a bunch of fabrication.
Thanks for that info. I know I’ll have to do fabrication I was just looking for the best way. And yes it’s an old tractor but so am I so price is also a factor. Not planning on real heavy lifting
 
The easiest forks would be a "blank" set which to which you would ad the top "slot" and the two "lugs."

However, I don't think such a thing exists.

This is the perfect time of year to pick up a set of brand new, cheap, generic SSQA pallet forks at one of the spring consignment sales that auctioneers tend to have. Many of the larger auctioneers have several at their sales, along with other cheap SSQA attachments, as what I all "auction chum." They're not top quality but if you're not too hard on them, they will do a lot of work and are very handy.
Thank u for ur wise input. That’s probably my best option
 
The 46A and 47 arms and dump cylinder arrangement are similar. I believe the 46A had a "wrap-around" support frame, which I don't see in his picture that shows a bit of the tractor front. I think the loader is not his real question. He is looking for the "brand" of the quick attach on the loader so he can purchase mating forks.
The 46a and 47 used the exact same boom and cylinder setup. I think someone makes a skid loader conversion. I had one built for my 46A. Tom
 
I got several good responses on this which gives me options. Here is new pics which may shed more light on my post thanks in advance
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3541.jpeg
    IMG_3541.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3543.jpeg
    IMG_3543.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3542.jpeg
    IMG_3542.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3506.jpeg
    IMG_3506.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3504.jpeg
    IMG_3504.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3540.jpeg
    IMG_3540.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 93
I got several good responses on this which gives me options. Here is new pics which may shed more light on my post thanks in advance
Your loader appears to be a model 47. I say that based on the mounting to the tractor and the boom configuration. I have a 47 on a 2020 and your looks like mine except for the quick attach plate yours has. As has already been hashed out you are pretty much on your own with that, it looks homemade, or modified at the least.
 
Yah thanks for ur response. other responses said the pics were a bit hard to see so I included more. I appreciate what’s been said I don’t know much about this tractor just got it last summer.i will have to do some modifications but just wanted to minimize them and get the best results
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top