What would you pay for this Super C and trailers?

Faster346

Long story long, a guy came into my work today looking for some parts and we got to chatting about tractors, and he told me about an old Super C he had sitting around in the back taking up space. He said he'd like to sell it and his hay wagon for it as a package deal. He told me to stop by his place after work and check it out, so I did. It's a Super C, the sheet metal on it is PERFECT. The hood, tank, and grill literally are almost 100% perfect with no dings or dents. The one fender has some rot, but I have space C/SC fenders laying around my farm. The one rim is 100% shot, along with the tire, so it will need 1 rim and 1 tire. The other tire is "okay" for now, but will eventually need replaced too. He (2nd owner) said it sat in his barn for close to 28 years. Dirt floor in the barn ate the one rim pretty good as you can see. He drug it out recently and changed all the fluids in it, steam cleaned the tank, but it wont stay running. I assume the carb could use a rebuild. It will pop but wont stay running. I'm sure a carb kit and tune up would go a long way. I cranked it over with the hand crank and it feels like the compression is pretty good. It has a brand new battery, new starter switch and good front tires. He also wants his hay wagon to go with it, along with a rolling wagon chassis. The hay wagon is really nice. Could use a coat of paint, but is very solid and nice..and would be great for pulling hay rides around.

Now..the number he came at me with tonight is a little more than I was thinking in my head..he wants 1,200 for the package of 3. (Tractor, Hay Wagon, Rolling Chassis) I'm thinking the hay wagon the way it sits would sell for around 400 or so, the rolling frame 50-100 or so, and that would basically make the tractor 600 bucks or so give or take. I'm thinking about seeing if he would take 900 or 1000..do you think that would be a bad move for the 3?

Here's some pictures.

SuperC1.jpg

SuperC2-1.jpg

SuperC3.jpg

SuperC4.jpg

Frame1.jpg

Trailer1-1.jpg

I think he is on target. That hay ride wagon is worth the price as is. Try to get one made. Way more than his asking price, tractor is free, and looks kike a runner. TIres are an issue, but rims and tires are plentiful in the correct size. Jim

I wouldnt spend too much time haggling on this deal. If it was close to me, you'd have already lost out. I'd take it.
(quoted from post at 18:38:55 05/07/12) Long story long, a guy came into my work today looking for some parts and we got to chatting about tractors, and he told me about an old Super C he had sitting around in the back taking up space. He said he'd like to sell it and his hay wagon for it as a package deal. He told me to stop by his place after work and check it out, so I did. It's a Super C, the sheet metal on it is PERFECT. The hood, tank, and grill literally are almost 100% perfect with no dings or dents. The one fender has some rot, but I have space C/SC fenders laying around my farm. The one rim is 100% shot, along with the tire, so it will need 1 rim and 1 tire. The other tire is "okay" for now, but will eventually need replaced too. He (2nd owner) said it sat in his barn for close to 28 years. Dirt floor in the barn ate the one rim pretty good as you can see. He drug it out recently and changed all the fluids in it, steam cleaned the tank, but it wont stay running. I assume the carb could use a rebuild. It will pop but wont stay running. I'm sure a carb kit and tune up would go a long way. I cranked it over with the hand crank and it feels like the compression is pretty good. It has a brand new battery, new starter switch and good front tires. He also wants his hay wagon to go with it, along with a rolling wagon chassis. The hay wagon is really nice. Could use a coat of paint, but is very solid and nice..and would be great for pulling hay rides around.

Now..the number he came at me with tonight is a little more than I was thinking in my head..he wants 1,200 for the package of 3. (Tractor, Hay Wagon, Rolling Chassis) I'm thinking the hay wagon the way it sits would sell for around 400 or so, the rolling frame 50-100 or so, and that would basically make the tractor 600 bucks or so give or take. I'm thinking about seeing if he would take 900 or 1000..do you think that would be a bad move for the 3?

Here's some pictures.

SuperC1.jpg

SuperC2-1.jpg

SuperC3.jpg

SuperC4.jpg

Frame1.jpg

Trailer1-1.jpg

(quoted from post at 20:03:15 05/07/12) With the condition of tires and wheels on tractor, 400 dollars might br the max....

Those rears are worth quite a bit to alot of people. They look in pretty good shape. Price sounds right on or cheap.

Oops, missed the first picture. That tire is junk.

I agree with ND856... I wouldn't wait too long or haggle too much. Sounds like a pair of rear tires and a rim will be your big expense to get it up and usable. Even without Fast-Hitch, that looks like a decent old SC for that money.

like the others said, don't wait too long.
If he talked to you about it, he will talk to other people too.
If I heard/saw this deal near me, it would already be mine.
Haggling is expected, but don't be too rough, if you make a final
offer and leave to let him think about it....
.....and I show up.....it's gone

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't want to insult him offering lower, so I probably wont. Talked to a couple other farmers/neighbors about the package deal and they said it sounds pretty fair for the wagon alone.

Where is it at? Around here, a good hay wagon is in the 7-
750 range, in my opinion, a super C could fetch 800.00-
1000.00 or more alone. But, it is worth what you would pay
for it. Id give him the 1250 for all n run..

(quoted from post at 19:42:32 05/10/12) Brought it all home tonight :lol:
Cool, SC like that herewould have sold for 700-1000 alone, ride wagon at least that much. I'm not a bare back SC fan, I work my tractors and all that would do for me is pull a wagon, but they still see for enough.

Rick

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back