When did you last use one of these?

A tip to keep the cutting wheel from being damaged in a tool box . If you haveca 35mm film cannister laying about make a hole in the lid for the tip to fit into , pack the insides with cotton wool soaked in Kerosene and store it that way . Tip stays sharp and is always lubricated.

I have 1 or 2 and as a kid my dad taught me how to use one so I cut some glass just for practice. I've never had to use one since!

Probably decades,

Guido.
Ahhh...but will that next guy know what the little ball on the end of it is for? You're supposed to use it to tap on your scribe line to help crack the glass a little deeper than your scribe line. Another thing I learned is that when attempting to break the cut, always place one hand near the edge of the glass where the scribed line starts and give it a little push. This enables the the crack to run up the scribed line. Holding the glass in the middle would cause the crack to bind up, if you know what I mean.

It’s been about 2 decades. Grandma had them and made fancy she called them leaded glass window hangings the one I remember most was an angel with a trumpet I’m not sure what they were it was colored glass and then soldered together kinda. She had a whole wooden Pepsi box full. Dad wanted the pepsi box more I think than the cutters but she helped me cut some sheet glass for a clock I made

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back