white 2-70 red stripe?

swindave

did white ever make a true 2-70 red stripe?
I seen 2, that were older and repainted to look like a red stripe over the years,
but was there ever a true 2-70 red stripe?
when was the 2-70 discounted? and the 2-75 took its place?
thanks

There should have been, let's put it that way. They were still being built in 81 and 82 and those should have been red stripes. I can't say with 100% certainty that I've ever seen one, but I assume they were built.

Yes! Bought this one new. It's a 1982 model -- factory red stripe, front wheel assist. 800 Hours on it now. Charles City Iowa couldn't find a build card on it -- one of the last 10 built.

cvphoto112905.jpg

Mine is a factory red stripe that I bought new in February 1983. As I recall there were about 16 left on dealer lots from the previous year. Local dealer found it for me and had it shipped in. Cost was 18,000. Dealer said the year before I could have gotten a 2-85 with cab and air for 19.000. Probably trying to clear the lots as the 2-88 was available when I bought the 2-70. The 2-75 was available at this time also as that was their utility line. Few years later with the merger of Case and IH there was some crazy good deals on the 90 series Case tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back