White Combine

rusty6

I recently posted a photo and jigsaw of a 542 Cockshutt combine. Well here is a newer photo from 1980 when you could still buy new a slightly newer version of the
same combine. The 5542 had the 318 Chrysler V8 instead of the flathead six found in the 542. And I don't know if the name Cockshutt appeared anywhere on it as
White was putting their name on everything by then. That is also a new 2290 Case pulling a New Holland bale wagon. My brother was driving that one and delivered
the new wagon to the owner later that day just outside of town. Still had all our wooden grain elevators back in that time.
1980 White combine

My White 8650 pull type is the same vintage as the self propelled. Have had very good luck with this one....
cvphoto150735.jpg

he last 542's also had the 318. we had the minnie moline 4292 which is the cockshutt 542 , ours had the 265 crysler. the uncle had the 318. the 265 would pull through a tough wad and darn near stall but recover. his 318 would just stall soon as it lost rpm. then it be plugged up. them 542 and 5542 were a very good simple combine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back