Why I like the country

Nancy Howell

Well-known Member
Remember my post a while back about why I like the country? I mentioned "our" hawk which I named Rex, because of his size and how he has learned we won't hurt him. He came to visit one afternoon and I got some pictures. I was in the house and peeked up over the window sill and started snapping pix. Here's one of the better ones.
id13691.jpg
 
I consider myself blessed when I spot the prey birds around the farm. That means I won't have to deal much with the groundhogs etc. They will take care of them for me.
 
I like that old truck too. Not like all the rusted eat up stuff around Ohio.
What state are you in ?
 
The truck does have some "termites" but not many. Our farm is in Tx. We still use the truck on a regular basis. Not the original engine, but still has the original 3 sp.
 
Reminds me of my hawk friend "Boris." Darn near every day a couple years ago he'd show up while I was chisel plowing and look for mice and such I'd stir up with the equipment. I know it wasn't the same hawk every day, but I named him Boris anyway. A guy needs some company on long days in a glass box.
 
within the last few weeks, I've seen golden eagles near our place 5 or 6 times, a bald eagle once, and see anywhere from three to six hawks each day... plenty of varmints fer them to chew on... lol... yer right, one of the many things that make it all worth while
 
Here are some photos of some critters hanging out around here. First two are the little deer we raised after the mother got hit by a truck.
Second two of a flying squirrel living upstairs in our house. The flying squirrels have been living there for at least 10 years.
Next one is a Bald Eagle - one comes by here every year and hangs out by one of our fields. I'm not sure if it's the same one every year, or not.
Then my daughter helping me relocate a live possum out of our corn field and into the woods.
Last one is two of my kids with a bunch of brooding chicks in the house - taken quite a while ago since those kids are in their 20s now.
My first wife left me -partly because she hated animals. She almost left just because of having chicks in the house.

My second wife loves animals - but is not crazy about the flying squirrels upstairs.

Last, I figured I add one of my old trucks sitting in my upper hay field (not very good condition).


<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=louis_deer2.jpg" target="_blank">
louis_deer2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=louis_deer1.jpg" target="_blank">
louis_deer1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=squirrel2.jpg" target="_blank">
squirrel2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=squirrel1.jpg" target="_blank">
squirrel1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=bald_eaglesm.jpg" target="_blank">
bald_eaglesm.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=katie_possum.jpg" target="_blank">
katie_possum.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=josh_kaite_chics_sm.jpg" target="_blank">
josh_kaite_chics_sm.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/?action=view&current=3-1.jpg" target="_blank">
3-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top