Won't start

Haigh88-HT

New User
Had problems with air getting in the fuel system before, and I usually just bleed the three screws.

This day I was working with the tractor, on and off during the day. The last time I got it running Cranked the starter and didn't start. Cranked the starter and the flywheel must of been still spinning. Gave the tractor a rest for 30 seconds.

Bleed the 3 screws and started the tractor. Heard a whining/light whistle of air sound and it went away by the right side. Tractor turned off.

Bleed lines again, started Tractor heard whining/whistle on right side. It went away after Tractor work for 10 minutes and then I turned the tractor off. Waited a half an hour and went to start and she wouldn't start. The tractor cranks but won't start.

Before the tractor died. The tank had been running off of fuel that It had while purchased. It still had 20% old diesel fuel that it has been running on when I put 5.16 gallons of fresh fuel with sea foam additive and stabil diesel all season and a new fuel filter.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Probably haven't messed with them at all but if you possibly tried to loosen injector lines at pump you might have accidently loosened the delivery valve holders. That is #12-1 on this drawing. https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/YM2000INJPUMP.htm
Telling you this because I just run into that on a 1720. They are to be torqued to 29 to 32.6 ft lbs or goodntight. Lines will suck air if not.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back