Wooden disk bearings

Iliketofarm

New User
I am looking for some wooden bearings for a cub disk. I am not sure of the model (no tags), looks similar to a 23A but is single gang. Also the lube points are not zerks but a screw cap that forces grease down the tube. The axle shaft inside the bearing block is smooth and enclosed in two wooden half rounds of wood (oil impregnated maple?). If you have some information, I would be glad to hear from you. Thanks Aaron
 
Hi, An earlier post to someone requesting wood
bearings referred to these: POBCO-B company 1-800-222-6376 or Woodex Brg. Co Inc. I presume
you will have to google for the phone # or web
address. Chuck
 
I made some out of Elm - I cut the outside to fit the holder - drilled the center to the size of the shaft. When that was done I split them with the bandsaw. Before I put them in, I soaked them in some lite oil for about a week. Those blocks have held up for about 7 or 8 years but I grease them before each use.
 
Thase are called grease cups and were common on older horse drawn machinery but most have been replaced with zerks but very little tractor machinery ever had them installed, sounds like your disk may have been made for a team of horses and is older than you are thinking.
 
The Amish in Illinois made mine also for a John Deere disc mine were made from Green White oak soaked in oil for a couple weeks then put in. I removed the grease cups and put zirks on instead.
 
Thank you for all the information on the bearings. I will do some more checking down these avenues and see what I can find. Thanks Aaron
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top