pulley do I start with first? Owners
manual says right pulley but the picture
shows the left pulley then the middle then
the right pulley. Do I start the routing
of the belt looking from the back of the
tractor or front of tractor. Plus the PTO
pulley turns counter clockwise. What am I
missing? Thank you

Tie up your belt loosely to the bar behind the seat. Get your belt routed correctly on the deck first, then deal with the drive pulley and the idler. Must be insane tight. Recheck after a short run time. Mower deck should be lower in the front than the back. Tall grass and 2nd gear will make the A and the mower snort a bit!

The belt is pretty much shot but using that for now to get it routed correctly.Then I'll order a new belt so if it breaks I'm not worried

I am not where I can look at mine. 1/2 twist from bottom idler to the left. Big twist from center assembly to top of drive pulley

I attached photos of what I got. I think I have to much of a twist on the middle pulley cause when the PTO pulley turns the belt it turns the belt with the v groove upwards.

The Woods L306 on my H calls for a 1/2 twist on one side, and a 3/4 twist on the other. Don't remember right now which side is which, but I know if it is wrong, the belt will NOT stay on.

Mine also has the correct routing diagram on a decal on the top of the deck.

Not 100% sure but does the A use a belt to the pulley on the side of the PTO? Or is your's running off the PTO shaft straight out the back of the PTO like my BN?

Also which Woods Mower do you have? On my BN I have an L306 or is yours an L59?

This post was edited by kshansen on 10/09/2022 at 02:53 pm.

That's the problem I don't know what model
it is. There's no tag or stickers. It runs
off the PTO pulley behind the seat.

Hi, i have the same problem of the belt flipping over on my farmall cub, with woods mower. Like you I am using a belt that is shot. Like you , waiting till i get it right before i order the new belt. I was told by very smart men, here on this forum, that an old belt will keep flipping because internally some of the cords are likely broken. Which makes total sense. The people on here are a precious resource. Never steer you wrong. I'm waiting for spring to find out about the new belt. Mowing season is done in upstate NY. I have other fish to fry! Regards, Darryl

Yeah I thought about that also. I guess I'll order a new belt and see what happens.

Thank you
Julian

(quoted from post at 18:57:24 10/09/22) That's the problem I don't know what model
it is. There's no tag or stickers. It runs
off the PTO pulley behind the seat.

How wide a mower deck is it? The L306 is six feet wide and the L59 would be approx. five feet wide. The "L" would refer to left hand rotation in other words counter clockwise when looking at the blade pulleys from the top.

If I did it right there should be a picture of the belt intalling instructions below:

mvphoto98250.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back