Woods Zero Turn Mower

John B.

I wasn't sure what subject header to put this under so I picked this category.
I have a woods zero turn mower-mowin machine it's called. The hydrostatic trans axles have no power until it's run for about ten minutes and also they have no power to climb little hills in my yard even after it's warmed up, if I pull back and slow down then they have a little more power. New hydros are $1200 each and it takes two. Looks like these can be taken apart and rebuilt. Can any one tell me where I can get rebuild kits for these hdrostatic trans axle motors or two good used ones? I have changed the filters in both hydrostats but this didn't help. Thank you,
John

You might want to find a local hydraulic shop. I used advanced fluid systems, near BWI Airport, in MD, they have several locations, between here, and Lancaster, PA. Don't know where you are, but I would use google, to find a local rebuild shop. When I used to own the goodfornothing gravely, It cost about $350/motor to rebuild. Good luck.

Thanks Dave, what kind of hyd motor did you have rebuilt? A hydrostatic? I live 30 miles East of St. Louis, Mo. There is a place in St. Louis that does hydraulic work I'll check with them.
John

I believe mine, on the Gravely was made by White. I do know, that at least for a while, Gravely was in partnership with either woods, or bush hog, or maybe both. The mowers were almost identical. Maybe yours has a tag on it that says White, don't know.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back