They are foot tools right? Anyway, I need a good comfortable, long wearing pair. I have a messed up lower back, so I can't wear anything with a heel. Anybody have a recomendation for a quality brand of boot that fits the bill? Never tried those "hiking boots", woud that be something to look at? Thanks for any help. Mike :wink:
 
Find you a good pair of Wolverines with their Durashock, or Multishock sole and you'll never wear anything else. The style I've worn for the last 10 years or so are the only boots I've ever had on that I could leave the store wearing and go straight to work without putting blisters on my feet. Dad has a bad back as well as scar tissue where he had a toe amputated after a 1500 lb track pad slapped the end of his foot. The ONLY boot he'll wear is a Wolverine and he's the one that turned me onto them. Get you a pair and your back will thank you.
 
I am on my feet about 5-7 hours per day, weekday as a prototype machinist and I can tell you the best boot is what I bought last fall.....Thinsulate-gortex boot, real flexble not cold in the winter, not too hot at work in 70F temps. These boots are comfortable for all day use, the only thing better that I can think of would be tennis shoes. (which I dont own anymore).
Those Goretex boots were $75 and I got em at Bass pro-shops.
 
the best boot i have ever found would be a ROCKY mountain tested boot they have very little heel it is really only there to keep you level. I framed houses all summer last year and was on my knees and havent even begin to hurt the toe of it and i have barely worn the tread off of them and i am on my feet from 630 till dark six out of seven days a week
 
Vally Farm ,I've had my back broken in 3 places and I am on me feet 10 hrs a day on concrete at work,4 or 5 hrs at home.The best boots I have found are redwings.Comfortable out of the box and they will last for years.I would rather wear them than tennis shoes ,nikes ect.
 
Best boots for me are red wings. I spend 10 - 12 hours a day on concrete. Tennis shoes sent me to the docs, not enough support.
 
Go to sears and buy there Diehard work boots. Good rugged leather boots , without a heel. They are light , comfortable , and cheap. Go on sale about every other week. I've been wearing them for years.
 
I have a pair of wolverines that I have worn for 5 years, look like heck, but still work fine and I have a pretty bad back .
 
If you can find one in your part of the country go to a custom boot maker and have a pair built.You will never wear anything else.My dad has been building boots for 60 years and has taught me to build'em.Have not worn a store bought pair of boots in years.your feet,legs and back will thank you!
 
Absolutely Red Wing. One of the few things still made in the USA. Just bought a new pair last week. Tag on the inside says "proudly made in the USA." I was to Red Wing MN one time and they have a machine that scans your feet and tells you exactly what size you need. 13AA - try getting that size from any of them other cheap outfits. I guarantee you, if you truely get the proper size you need, it will do wonders for your back.
 
Redwings - feel good right out of the box. I worked in road construction - hot asphalt - concrete - mud - water - chemicals, etc, not to mention miles of walking on concrete. Before I went to Redwings, I would get one year out of any brand I tried, plus they'd hurt your feet 'til you broke them in. The Redwings all lasted two years. I think now that I've retired, they'll last twenty years - if I live that long. . .

There's even a song named Redwing. . . .
 
I wore Redwings and Wolverines for yrs. and never could get a yr. out of them . My back is in real bad shape too . I was in WallyWorld the first of Aug. last yr. and bought a pair of there $19.95 cheapo`s and they felt very good right out of the box and I have wore them everyday all day and they dont have a hole in them yet , 9 months and counting , not bad for 20 bucks . I picked up another pair for when these give out . There probly made by 5 yr. old china kids in a 100 deg. shop and only get 2 rice crackers a day but I`m getting close to a yr. for 20 bucks !
 
never had any luck with the wolverines but Redwings are good if you get the ones made in the usa alot of them are not. But my favorite are rockys.
 
I've been wearing Red Wings for over thirty years and they are still very high quality boots. You do have to be aware that the cheaper Red Wings are now made partly or completely in China. I have very narrow feet and most stores will not stock shoes and boots that actually fit me, so I don't have a lot of choice other than Red Wing boots and New Balance "tennis" shoes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't wear anything with a heel". If you mean the shoe has to basically have a flat sole, I think Red Wing has some styles like that. If you don't need safety shoes I would definitely look at some of the hiking and walking shoes out there. Vasque and Merrill make good lightweight hiking shoes, and New Balance has very good walking shoes.
 
Well i see a lot of talk about Red Wings, Rocky's, Wolvarines . But nobody ever said a word about Masons . They are also a vary fine Boot maker and now here i am not 100% sure so don't hang me on this but they were maybe still made in the USA . I am still wearing a pair of what they called there WORK WESTERN that i bought now get this in Sept. of 1977, no i do not wear them every day anymore but for eight years that i was on the road driving truck they were on my feet except for loading and unloading . Now they are semiretired to my dress bootand they never have had the soles replaced. When i bought them they had a warranty that the sole would outlast the uppers , they were not lien .I have had many pairs of what they call there 989 work boots and have got 3-5 years out of them.
 
i work on concrete all day, so a good boot pays. I had a pair of wolverines several years back that was good, but newer models, i've had and seen alot of issues with the soles falling apart. All mine must be steel toe, so that changes the game a little. I like the Justin work boots pretty well. I also have a pair of Danner hiking style that are goretex and feel quite well. i have very high arches, so must find shoes w/ good support. My last pair are a new line of Tony Lama work boots, a little pricy but they fit great, I'm willing to pay for quality when it comes to my feet.
 
I"ve got a pair of Ariat work boots, absolutely love them. I work as a mechanic for a demolition outfit, so I am standing on concrete and 1" steel plate all day working on dozers and such. Ariat work boots have served me well, and I believe they make steel toe boots too. After 2 years of hard work and wear, its getting to be time for a new pair of boots.
 
I have a pair of Carhart work boots that I got last Feb at Runnings Farm and Fleet for about a $100 that I wear every day. They aint perty but they sure are conferable.
 
There is a brand of boot made in Australia called Redback (named after a spider) I have had one pair for over 4 years and the sole could probably go for another 4 years in terms of wear. The sole is guaranteed not to separate from the leather and the leather uppers are about twice as thick as domestic boots. High price but a great product.

Jim
 
I wear rockies with "aftermarket" insoles. I shopped everywhere I could to find the best and rockies fit the bill for me. It really depends on your feet though what will be the best for you. Best of luck in your search.
 
I really like the Caterpillar brand boots (made by Wolverine). I never got more than a year out of Redwings, and I break the heels down on Justins in about that time. My first pair of low top Cats (50 bucks online) are still going strong after 4 years. I've got a pair of 8 eye Cats (Indiana style) that I wear out as good boots. They seem to be even better. This winter I bought a pair of Doc Martins. They dont seem to be heavy enough for work but they sure feel good.
 
I have a pair of Timberland Hikers. They are light, fit properly and are just what i needed for my sorry feet.

If not hikiers, I have good luck with Wolverines.
 
I wear Red Wing # 2218's. The are steel toe with Vibram soles. I wear them 12 to 18 hrs a day and my feet never hurt me-that's not bad for steel toe. Went to the shoe store the other day and did a price check. $258 per pair!! Last pair cost $150 if I remember right. Wow! Dave.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top