Wrong Pto Shaft!

TimWafer

This is a continuation of my 706 PTO questions below.

When I bought my 706 the 1000 RPM shaft was broken and the owner gave me a shaft he had bought to replace it but didn't get around to doing.
Unfortunately it turns out its the wrong shaft.
In the first picture mine is the broken one and the one above it is the one i was given. You can see the part # 71251C1 written on it which I believe is the right part # for what I want. Its apparently on the wrong shaft though.
When I look up that part # I get shafts that look like picture #2. They look basically like a match to mine except for the groove & hole pointed to with the red arrow.

Does this groove or hole make any difference? Im thinking not.

Anyone know what the wrong shaft might actually be , so that i might sell it?

mvphoto64728.jpg

mvphoto64729.jpg

Wrong one looks to be for a single speed pto and those extra holes
in other shaft are improved version.

agree with Pete. Single speed shaft. IMHO,it will have little to no value for resale. Tractor vet will chime in and set us straight.
LOL.

i compared it to a bunch of single speed shaft pictures I found online but it doesn't seem to match any of them.

I did find the one I want on Ebay pretty reasonably this morning. At least it looks to be the right one and he says he even removed it from a 706.

The top shaft is for a single speed pto. Most 1466 that were shipped with pto only had a 1000 rpm pto. Lot of dealers order them in without
pto. The dealers ordered a add on two speed and installed them at dealership. Most farmers then wanted a 540 pto. As for the shaft that was
on ebay it might have been in a 706. Someone probably switched it to eigher replace the orignal or put it in to get a pto

(quoted from post at 04:11:17 11/12/20) Link didn't work. Try this: http://www.ihpartsandequipment.com/tractor-parts/pto-shafts/71257c1-ih-tractor-ipto-output-shaft.html
PTO shaft?

That sure looks like it Dave. Think you nailed it!
Thanks
Tim

Bob
The one I'm getting off Ebay looks like a match to my old broken one. Even the extra groove & hole are missing. Apparently still has the bearing on it too.

mvphoto64754.jpg

(quoted from post at 14:26:09 11/12/20)
(quoted from post at 04:11:17 11/12/20) Link didn't work. Try this: http://www.ihpartsandequipment.com/tractor-parts/pto-shafts/71257c1-ih-tractor-ipto-output-shaft.html
PTO shaft?

That sure looks like it Dave. Think you nailed it!
Thanks
Tim

You're welcome. The link lists "out of stock," so maybe they'll be interested in your extra one. They certainly want enough for them! Good luck. Dave

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back