Yanmar 3000 Mystery Lever, Temp, and Drawbar

PJB-HT

New User
I am new to this forum and could use some help. I recently aquired a Yanmar 3000. I puchased a owner's manual from Hoye. However, the manual does not mention the lever located on the back of the tractor located next to the rockshaft. Yanmar dealer in my state was unsure on the lever's function. Does anyone know what it does? Also, I installed a temp gauge. Tractor runs at 150 degrees. Is this normal temp because it seems low? Finally, I picked up a factory style drawbar from my dealer. It has a 2" diameter shank. The mounting bracket under the tractor measures 2.5", and when using the hole that extends the bar out for proper position the bar is then only supported by one mounting bracket. I don't like the 3pt draw bars, and I like to stay with the frame mount drawbar. Is there a larger drawbar than what I have? The dealer said that the one I purchased from him was the largest he had seen.

This is the correct drawbar
http://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/db-4145.htm

are you referring to #17?
<B><s></s> **** UPDATE on the mystery lever! ****<e></e></B>
Click link below for explanation
<LINK_TEXT text="http://ymowners.co...f=1&amp;t=7190&amp;p=25375#p25375</LINK_TEXT>

3_4b1932eb6e1e0f5208d591946fca6b46.jpg

<QUOTE><s>
</e></QUOTE>

No, the best I can tell it is a lever to do something when the three point is all the way up. If you move that lever and then raise the three point- the little lever snaps back when the three point is all the way up. Maybe does something for a special tiller or something? At first I thought it might be used to limit the upper travel of the three point but that small little pin would not be able to do that. It would just bend. And the lever snaps back once the lift gets to it. Not really sure. Seems to only be used on a couple of gray market models.

<QUOTE author="PatrickHanna"><s>
</s>Isn't that the control for how quickly hydraulic pressure is released on your lift arms?<e>
/e></QUOTE>
The lever that controls the pressure or lift speed is a small lever under the seat.

I figured out the temp situation, faulty temp gauge. Still no answer to the mystery lever or draw bar question. May end up fabricating the drawbar. Anyone figure out anything about the lever?

Do you know what part the ball and spring (18 &amp; 19) fit into. Doesn't look like 17 is large enough to house them. Maybe into lift crank (38). Are there any holes in 21 to allow something to hook up too.

<QUOTE author="winston"><s>
</s>That lever is certainly a mystery to me. And I hate mystery's with no ending.<e>
/e></QUOTE>
Ha! Tell me about it. 3000's are the only one's I have seen with it.

Has anyone figured what this lever does? I have on on my 2610D....I'm guessing I have a grey market model too. Puzzles me, I can't even budge it..won't move at all.

<QUOTE author="PJB"><s>
</s>Pic of the lever.<e>
/e></QUOTE>

I have a "Draw Bar Lock" ..you can get these just about anywhere and is used to keep your draw bar from pivoting in the support arms when in use. What I can figure out is, what the heck the round hole seems to be used for. Anyone know? Thanks all ...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back