Ym2000 Fuel pump

Been chasing a poor running issue. I think I found the cause in a stuck plunger (see attached photo, plunger is between #10-1 and # 18 on the diagram) due to some grit.
So a couple of questions.

#1 would that plunger being stuck cause a poor running condition? Best I can tell it seems that plunger should stroke to create pressure to run the injector.

#2 Did I screw up by not marking things when I took the pump apart? Is there a special method to setting the rack when reassembling?

When timing the fuel pump, with shims, my book says “the flywheel is stopped the moment fuel is discarded from THE DELIVERY VALVE”

What is the delivery value? The injector?

I can’t figure out my base line timing.

Yes, and I might say I found this procedure not to be very exacting. Make sure you hold a backup on the delivery valve holder when loosening the injector line. The delivery valve holder is to be torqued to 29-32.6 ft lbs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back