720 john deere

52 deere

New User
took floor plate off and back end to replace pto clutches put it all back together then tried to start pony motor got a click and then nothing.so replacer starter button still nothing did some testing with ignition on, have power on all three connections on starter button and also on all three connectors on starter solenoid also put new solenoid on so took starter off tried to see if it would turn but solenoid just clicks away battery voltage 6.16 started before i did the work.any ideas if it is the starter causing this.

Turn the starter armature to a different spot by hand and try?? May be a bad segment on the armature?? Take a look inside starter at the brushes.. Blow out the brush dust.. Are the brushes wore out?? Any broken wires inside the starter??

I did take starter apart brushes were good cleaned it up tried 12 volt battery same results have continuity from one side of solenoid to starter ground if that means anything

i took it off did bench test when i had it on the tractor with the switch on had power through whole starting system used test light what had me bewildered was the strap that goes from the solenoid was live to i was thinking that was a ground could it be possible the starter is shorting out inside

Been thinking that to but electricity not my thing think have a line on a used one wouldn't mind switching it over to direct start

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back