nashranch

My neighbor picked up a non running 580 today. I guess it won't turn over. PO thought it had a injector leaking into the cylinder and it's hydrolocked he said. I helped him go get. Found it don't steer. Is that because it has hydraulic steering. Should be an interesting project

My neighbor picked up a non running 580 today. I guess it won't turn over. PO thought it had a injector leaking into the cylinder and it's hydrolocked he said. I helped him go get. Found it don't steer. Is that because it has hydraulic steering. Should be an interesting project
The hydrostatic steering won't steer long without the engine running. I highly doubt a pencil injector would hydro lock an engine, more likely water in cylinder from the head gasket or cracked head. Injectors USUALLY fail by leaking past the needle lift piston and that fuel just goes into the return line back to the fuel tank, and engine won't fire on that cylinder as NO fuel enters the chamber. If an injector DOES stick open, the engine will have a LOUD knock when running as fuel enter into the chamber too early.

Thanks Rich for that info...i will spread the word to my neighbor. I think he's gonna pull the injectors and try and see if it will crank

A question for the experts: Yesterday when we were there getting the tractor the backhoe was not attached to the tractor so we couldn't get it all with one trip. I noticed only one hydraulic hookup laying there on the backhoe. I assume that is a pressure line but shouldn't it have a return line also? And also wondering about the two hydraulic pumps attached to the hoe. Maybe someone will enlighten me on this

What a deal my neighbor got.. it was just a corroded battery cable. It started right up with new battery cable. Now he's got to load it onto a trailer and drive 25 miles to pickup the backhoe

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back