Farmall A Service/Repair Manuals

DJ in NH

New User
Hi Folks,
I am just starting a restoration project on a 1944 Farmall A and need to order a few repair manuals to help me along. I recently received a manual titled “ Serviceman’s Guide for Farmall A” put out by International Harvester Company. The manual was inexpensive and only 18 pages in length. The manual is helpful in specifications but very light on actual repairs. Hoping some of you can make a few recommendations on a more inclusive repair/trouble shooting manual to help me along. Thanks for your time and assistance.

Dick J in NH

Hi Folks,
I am just starting a restoration project on a 1944 Farmall A and need to order a few repair manuals to help me along. I recently received a manual titled “ Serviceman’s Guide for Farmall A” put out by International Harvester Company. The manual was inexpensive and only 18 pages in length. The manual is helpful in specifications but very light on actual repairs. Hoping some of you can make a few recommendations on a more inclusive repair/trouble shooting manual to help me along. Thanks for your time and assistance.

Dick J in NH
Yesterdays tractor Manuals for an A.
This site has a wide selection. The link takes you to the relevant manuals. I suggest a service manual and an engine repair manual. The parts listings and exploded views are found easiest at https://www.messicks.com/vendor/case?nav=4875
Jim

If you are looking for something akin to a step-by-step assembly guide for a Lego kit, you're not going to find anything like that. When these tractors were designed in the 1930's you were expected to be an experienced mechanic, or working under the guidance of an experienced mechanic.

There is a 68-page IH Service Manual for the A/B/BN tractors available on various websites. Then there's the original owner's manual. Finally there is the Parts Catalog.

Hi Folks,

Dick J in NH

I like to have the IH Serviceman's Guide, the IH parts book and the IT manual for the tractor. Each manual covers different things well and the parts book gives parts breakdowns that help greatly in visualizing how various parts are put together and how they come apart.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back