scrap metal price

Good conspiracy theory!! post it on Facebook
Or a tongue in cheek remark, aka a joke.

Never assume a conspiracy when stupidity provides and adequate explanation. Not so much a conspiracy as a natural consequence of bureaucrats trying so hard to do good that they overlook the consequences.

Steel recycling locations are driven by geology and geography. Two-thirds of the iron and steel produced in the US is made from recycled scrap. Mini-mills (natural gas fired) appear to process scrap more so than the integrated mills (coal). The steel plants tend to be located nearer the sources of energy. According to the congressional Domestic Steel Manufacturing: Overview and Prospects "Many mini-mills are located in the South, with some in the Midwest and West, whereas most integrated mills are in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania."

That price seems a bit low, even for the current market. Scrap metal prices fluctuate, but you might want to shop around or negotiate for a better rate. With 10-12 tons, even a small increase per pound could make a significant difference in your total payout.

I will echo what casecollector said. Took in some short iron, cast and aluminum along with a damaged stainless steel Maple syrup pan. After everything was weighed up, he hands me a slip to sign. After I signed the slip he says, " O that syrup pan is steel not stainless steel because handles are magnetic". Much lower price. My point is know the grades and pay attention and don't be rushed. My guess is he probably took pan home with at steel price. to bring back later as his own. This is in Central Wis.

Southern WI unprepared is $175 a ton. Send several loads including a 7720 combine.
Curious what a 7720 weighs minus engine ? Ive had one for sale virtually 0 calls call slavage yard and wouldnt give me any thing for it if I removed the engine , neighbor said he paid 4500 for a engine out of one like mine about 7 yrs ago ,

Here's what I think: If he HAULS it, LOADS it and you DON'T have to touch it, no brainer. I give my scrap away (what little I accumulate) just so I don't have haul it. Let him have it for his price, Mark.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back