Wiring issues 2n

Jvan

New User
Looking for suggestions on the wiring of my 2n. Recently I have wired up my 2n with the diagram shown below. The problem I’ve been having is when I connect the battery the generator starts to spin which shows amperage draw on the ampmeter. I’ve replaced the start switch, resistor, and cutout. Maybe the diagram is wrong, maybe I should be replacing a certain part. Just wanting to know where to start.
Thanks for any information
image.jpg

So your genny is "motoring" and I suspect you have a genny problem.
Was it working fine before?
Or is the genny problem the cause of your wiring harness getting replaced?

So your genny is "motoring" and I suspect you have a genny problem.
Was it working fine before?
Or is the genny problem the cause of your wiring harness getting replaced?
I am in the process of restoring this tractor and I bought it not running so I do not know which it would be.

Lift all the wires off the A terminal hook the 2 "12 Y" wires back down and hook up the battery again, if the Gen spins problem is the cut out relay as no other source to supply voltage to the gen.

Is it possible the cutout is connected backwards? Have a look at this thread:

Thx for the help everyone. the cutout relay was wired in backwards. Everything is working the was it should

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back